NT7 Tiling windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 Tiling windows

In NT7 how do I arrange/tile the windows (charts, market analyzer, Level II) so they are not floating on my desktop? I want to keep all NT windows organized within one desktop window.
    Thanks
    Last edited by designer; 04-10-2010, 03:17 PM.

designer, I don't know if this is possible with Windows 7, but can't you just right-click on one of the NinjaTrader icons in the taskbar/start bar and select "arrange" or "tile" or something like that? I'm sorry this answer is so vague, I'm on Windows 7 and don't have any of those choices so I'm just going by memory.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I want to do it within Ninja Trader. All Trader software platforms have this feature....It was promessed that NT 7 was going to have this feature. But I can't figure out how. Thanks

Comment

Hi designer,

Unfortunately, there is no tile feature included with NinjaTrader 7 at this point. I will, of course, forward this on to my development team for further consideration.

In the meantime, you would need to use the work-around NinjaTrader_Austin mentioned in his last post.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It's really a pain in the neck because I have a lot of charts and other programs open in my desktop at the same time so I have to ALT-TAB every time I need to see a NT chart or Market Analyser window.
          All your competitors like Tradestation, Esignal, etc. offer this feature. Please have the developers look at it ASAP so it is included in the v7 final release.
          Thanks

Comment

designer,

This is simply a difference in design. We offer free floating windows which are independent of each other. They offer one window where everything needs to reside inside of it. There are pros/cons to either approach and NT has chosen to go this route. This will not change for NT7, but is on our feedback list for the future to see if we can provide users some flexibility.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Amibroker and Stockfinder by Worden give you the choice...
              I would like to know the Pros for floating the windows?
              Thanks. I hope they offer the choice in future.
              Thanks

Comment

When I traded stocks with the RealTick platform from TerraNova I could use floating chart windows or windows with tabbed charts or whatever you wanted to insert, or any combination of floating and tabbed windows. This made for nice, clean, organized screens and maximum efficiency.

That being said, I like the floating windows myself.
                Last edited by eDanny; 04-12-2010, 12:01 PM.
                eDanny
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

I like the tabbed charts feature very much ... it does keep the desktop organized. I don't see why NT7 could not do it too....

Comment

Is it too late to have the tabbed windows option added to version 7?

Comment

Hello designer,

I will forward this feature request on to my development team for further consideration.

Thank you for your feedback.
                      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you I think a lot of users will be pleased to have this option.

Comment

Temporary solution

I'm new to NT and I was looking for a solution to this problem (NT is the only trading app that I've used that can't arrange windows). I've just come across this neat little app that tiles applications for you, it's free!

http://www.winsplit-revolution.com/home

Comment

To the designers: I am new to NT and found not being able to tile workspaces very annoying. Makes me want to seek other platforms!

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your replies.

Depending on your version of Microsoft Windows there are multiple ways to tile windows.
                              You can hold SHIFT on your keyboard and right click on the NinjaTrader icon in the Windows Taskbar
                              You then have the option to show all windows stacked or side by side
                              Another option is to right click on the Windows Taskbar and select Task Manager
                              Hold CTRL on your keyboard and select each window you want to tile in the Task Manager
                              Then right click on one of them for options to tile horizontally or vertically
                              BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ScottWalsh  
                              Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                              10 responses
                              0 likes