Is this right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this right

Ok so I am using default fill on my backtesting along with 1 tic slippage. I am testing futures from TT data feed. I place all of my orders pegged to range 1 even though the chart is from a higher TF. Is there any other variables that anyone could possibly think of that I may be overlooking that would debunk my backtesting results? I am ready to go live but I would like to make sure I am not missing anything before I do so. ANY ideas, help or potential issues that may be the cause of inaccurate results would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

Hello,

I recommend partitioning your data into 3 sections and see if the system performs consistantly over all 3. Also, review this link:

I would also forward test the system in sim mode to see how it fills in real-time. When to go live is your call though, I can't assist with that. I would start with a very small account and trade small amounts until you get confident.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Partiton?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
      Hello,

I recommend partitioning your data into 3 sections and see if the system performs consistantly over all 3. Also, review this link:

I would also forward test the system in sim mode to see how it fills in real-time. When to go live is your call though, I can't assist with that. I would start with a very small account and trade small amounts until you get confident.
      Could you please explain what you mean by partitioning my data? Its futures and I was not testing against continual so do you mean like testing it against multiple contracts for the same instrument or?

Comment

Hello,

It depends on what you think will work. I mean partition, as in segment the data into sections and test them individually to see if the system stays consistant.
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
          Hello,

It depends on what you think will work. I mean partition, as in segment the data into sections and test them individually to see if the system stays consistant.
          Right on. Have done that already so thank you. Nothing left to do but pull the trigger : ).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
          9 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
          16 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton