Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jittery Crosshair - IQFeed & NT

Hello,

I've had this problem multiple times but this time the fixes I've used in the past (resynchronizing Windows clock, starting new workspaces from scratch, etc.) simply aren't working. I am really frustrated with NT and would certainly not consider buying it with these types of continual, never permanently fixed problems.

So, here I am one more time trying to get this problem solved.

First:

Here is a link to a video capturing my screen so you can see what's going on:
    4shared is a perfect place to store your pictures, documents, videos and files, so you can share them with friends, family, and the world. Claim your free 15GB now!

2) I have synced my Windows Vista clock to the Internet clock.
    3) I have opened new Windows and reset up all of my windows to the proper time and/or tick combinations that I previously had. This did solve the problem initially.
    4) Once step 3 above was done and the workspace saved, I closed my IQFreed connection first, then exited NT.
    5) The next time I open NT and my workspace, the problem came back....again.

What the heck does it take to fix this bloody problem once and for all!! I am SOOOOOOOOOO frustrated with this software!

Tim

Hello,

Rather than send you down the same path you have been before, I would like to resolve this for you. I watched your video and I see the cursor moving but I can't tell where your hand/mouse is moving during that time so I can't tell where the cursor is not behaving as it should. Can you describe in words what you think the cursor should be doing that it is not doing? Then if it is an issue still, maybe we can get our development department involved.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

All you have to do to make this happen is place the crosshair anywhere near any of the candles within window 1 and it jumps around. It can scroll up over and over again or jump from side to side or both at the same time.

What the cursor should be doing is absolutely nothing! Especially when I'm not moving the mouse...which is the case here.

Comment

Hi timfor,

Thank you for the clarification.

I am not able to replicate this behavior on my end.

Do you see the same behavior with the Global Cross Hair or the Regular Cursor?

If you open a new workspace (File > Workspaces > New Workspace) and add a new chart there within, do you see the same behavior?

Also, would you happen to have another mouse that you could use on this PC for the purpose of testing?
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry,

I forgot on the outset to mention that this crosshair jumping is occurring when all of my charts have the crosshair set to global. If I turn one or more of the charts crosshairs to local mode, no jumping is happening on any of the specific charts set to local mode. Any charts still enabled in global mode continue to have cursor jumping.

My mouse doesn't jump or move around erratically on any other piece of software that I use so I'm pretty darn sure this is a NT issue. As I've stated before, I've had this problem multiple times in the past, and only with NT. No other software has exhibited this type of cursor behavior....ever.

Tim

Comment

Hi timfor,

Thank you for the clarification.

Please try replicating this behavior within a new workspace and let me know what results you see.

Likewise, if you have an extra mouse, please test with that mouse connected as well.

Comment

Ok....here we go

I am going to try and be as specific and thorough as possible in explaining what I did this time around so your patience is appreciated.

1) Completely closed down all open charts
              2) Setup 7 new charts in the following configuration/order using the stock symbol "FAS".
              - Chart 1: 150 tick (5 days worth of data)
              - Chart 2: 450 tick (5 days worth of data)
              - Chart 3: 1350 tick (5 days worth of data)
              - Chart 4: 2 minute (5 days worth of data)
              - Chart 5: 6 minute (5 days worth of data)
              - Chart 6: 18 minute (5 days worth of data)
              - Chart 7: 1 Day (365 days worth of data)
              - Displayed Data Box (Ctrl D)

3) At this point, NONE of charts demonstrated a jumpy cursor. ALL charts set to "Global" cursor.
              4) Connected to IQFeed.
              5) None of the charts demonstrated a jumpy cursor after successful connection to IQFeed.
              6) Saved Workspace as "Test".
              7) Disconnected from IQFeed.
              8) Closed NT and chose "Yes" to all "Save Workspace" prompts from NT. I believe NT was asking to save "Default", "Untitled1" and "Test"
              9) Waited for 30 seconds, then restarted NT.
              10) Once all charts were loaded with data, jumpy cursor started again.
              11) Swore to the software Gods using words that would embarrass my dead grandmother.
              12) Closed down all the minute increment charts in this order: 1 min, 6 min, 18 min.
              13) Closed down the daily chart.
              14) At this point the cursor STOPPED jumping once all minute and daily charts were closed. Interesting....
              15) Not currently connected to IQFeed.
              16) Added back all minute and daily charts that were previously closed.
              17) Cursor is NOT jumpy now.
              18) Connect to IQFeed.
              19) Cursor is NOT jumpy now.
              20) Disconnect from IQFeed.
              21) Exit NT
              22) Respond "Yes" to "Default" save workplace request.
              23) Respond "Yes" to "Untitled1" save workplace request.
              24) Respond "Yes" to "Test" save workplace request.
              25) Wait for 30 seconds. Open NT.
              26) Not currently connected to IQFeed.
              27) Cursor jumping around all over the place!!
              28) Connect to IQFeed.
              29) Cursor jumping around all over the place again.
              30) Disconnect from IQFeed.
              31) Respond "No" to "Default" save workplace request.
              32) Respond "No" to "Untitled1" save workplace request.
              33) Respond "No" to "Test" save workplace request.

Notes: The most interesting thing that I learned here was that once I closed the minute (1, 6 and 18) charts and the daily chart the jumpy cursor stopped.

This also confirms in my mind that my mouse is NOT an issue here as there was no jumpiness at all once the minute and daily charts were closed.

Also interesting is why NT is asking me to save 3 separate workspaces. Any thoughts on that?

I look forward to your response.

Tim
              Last edited by timfor; 04-12-2010, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Hi Tim,

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Kyle' in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:

1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) Your most current trace file.
                You will find the trace file in the My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace folder.
                The file will be named 'trace.YYYYMMDD.txt'.

3.) The workspace that contains the 7 charts.
                You will find the workspace in the My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Workspaces folder.

Comment

Email sent!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
                  95 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post xiinteractive  
                  Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM