• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

EMA in databox only

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    EMA in databox only

    How do I adapt the script so an EMA prints its price in color in only the databox, not on the chart?

    Invisible works, but I want color in the databox and for the Euro its 4 decimals so putting it in another panel cuts off the decimals.

    #2
    Hello,

    Unfortunately I do not know of a way to do this as the databox only shows values of plots on the chart. Alternately you could use some custom indicator script to print the value of the EMA to the chart screen in the color you specify instead of in the data box.

    You can contact one of our NinjaScript consultants to assist you with coding this or you can use our NinjaScript guide and forums to code this indicator yourself if you are a programmer.

    NinjaScript Consultants:
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm
    NinjaScript Help Guide:
    http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview17.html
    NinjaTrader Support Forum:
    http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/vb/index.php

    The following indicator on our forums is an example on how this is done.
    http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...id=1&linkid=22
    BrettNinjaTrader Product Management

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      Hello,

      Unfortunately I do not know of a way to do this as the databox only shows values of plots on the chart. Alternately you could use some custom indicator script to print the value of the EMA to the chart screen in the color you specify instead of in the data box.

      You can contact one of our NinjaScript consultants to assist you with coding this or you can use our NinjaScript guide and forums to code this indicator yourself if you are a programmer.

      NinjaScript Consultants:
      http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm
      NinjaScript Help Guide:
      http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview17.html
      NinjaTrader Support Forum:
      http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/vb/index.php

      The following indicator on our forums is an example on how this is done.
      http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...id=1&linkid=22
      if you are telling me there is no way, then why bother to pay anybody? i'll just live with using invisible.

      Comment


        #4
        I was suggesting that you have an indicator setup that will do this on the chart. Like the example that I provided in my previous post.

        Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
        BrettNinjaTrader Product Management

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
          I was suggesting that you have an indicator setup that will do this on the chart. Like the example that I provided in my previous post.

          Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
          The problem is I dont want it on the chart.
          I use GMMA in panel 2 but because panel 2 cant do 4 decimals, its useless as showing a single EMA value for the Euro in the databox.
          I want to see which of 2 ST and 2 LT of the 12 GMMA EMA's is where in relation to the other so to get those 4 EMA's to print 4 decimals it needs to be in panel 1 but I dont want 4 EMAs in panel 1 blocking the indicators I do use in panel 1.
          Thats why I want to show panel 1 values in the databox in color but not on the chart itself.

          Rather than pay someone to do what you said cant be done as things stand, I'd rather you pass this along to be included in a future version--8.5-- and then along with some others who also made suggestions, we can all be on TV like Microsoft does for windows saying we're ninja 8.5.
          Last edited by simpletrades; 04-12-2010, 08:51 AM.

          Comment


            #6
            I will submit the request to development for possible inclusion in a future version of NinjaTrader.
            BrettNinjaTrader Product Management

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
              I will submit the request to development for possible inclusion in a future version of NinjaTrader.
              what about the tv part?

              Comment

              Latest Posts

              Collapse

              Topics Statistics Last Post
              Ram by tonynt
              Started by tonynt, Today, 06:14 AM
              0 responses
              2 views
              0 likes
              Last Post tonynt
              by tonynt
               
              Started by pjsmith, Today, 04:10 AM
              0 responses
              3 views
              0 likes
              Last Post pjsmith
              by pjsmith
               
              Started by tonynt, Today, 02:21 AM
              0 responses
              8 views
              0 likes
              Last Post tonynt
              by tonynt
               
              Started by alstsion, Today, 12:55 AM
              0 responses
              2 views
              0 likes
              Last Post alstsion  
              Started by kandster, Yesterday, 11:49 PM
              0 responses
              3 views
              0 likes
              Last Post kandster  
              Working...
              X