Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The vert. scale on the chart is not adjusting

Hello,
    The vert. scale on the chart is not adjusting automatically as it used to be. Cannot see the curr. price on my chart unless vertical scaling is manually adjusted. The price candles can go below the bottom margin of the chart. I guess the same will happen if the price goes above the upper margin. I'm watching the 6B chart at the moment. The current price on DOM is 1.5367 which is below the last price I see on the chart, which is 1.5375. To see the curr price on the chart I need to adjust the vert. scale manually. I think adjusting charts manually all the times is not a solution especially in case of multiple charts. The current price should be visible at all times and the vert. scale should be adjusted auto as in NT6.5. I do not see anything in the property of the chart that would tell me how to adjust the vert. scale... Did I miss anything in the property?
    The same applies to the indicators. I cannot see the curr value of my Stochastic indicator as the Stoch lines go below the bottom margin or above the upper margin. I need to adjust vert. scale manually to see the curr. value. This was not the case before. I used the Constant lines to restrict vertical scale on my Stochastic indicator. This way I could see the whole picture. The indicator lines would not go beyond or above the Const lines and I could see the tops and bottoms all the time. With NT7 putting the Constant lines does not help. I can only adjust the vert. scale manually on my Stochastic indicator. Otherwise I do not know what's the curr value is. I think this should be fixed in high priority.
    Thank you.
    Regards, Art.
    Last edited by Art09; 04-13-2010, 09:06 AM. Reason: Adding explanations

Hi Art09,

Thank you for your post.

As a test, please create a new chart (File > New > Chart) and let me know if you see the same behavior there.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hi Art09,

Thank you for your post.

As a test, please create a new chart (File > New > Chart) and let me know if you see the same behavior there.

Hi Kyle,
      I just created the new chart and see the same thing again. I maximized the chart and see the price is not visible as it is below the lower chart margin/border. I do have indicators on the lower panels of my chart. So, the price goes below that margin/border and only manual vert. scale adjustment helps.
      This is secondary but I still think it is important, at least to me. I do not see my Stoch line as it is above the upper border/margin of the panel 2. I can only see the Stoch lines below my 55% Const line that I added to the Stoch. Anything above the 55% is not visible. Can be adjusted manually only. Putting constant lines at 100% and -0.1% as I did before does not help.
      I think the vert. scale functionality for charts and indicators should be reverted to NT6 or there could be an option to add some vert. scale restrictions as in NT6. At this moment only manual adjustment works. Pputting hor. lines does not change anything. In NT6 if I put high and low lines for example then the price would adjust auto. between those lines and the chart looks neat. Same with my Stoch. indicator, if I add Const. lines the Stoch does not go below/above the Const lines and I could see the whole picture.
      Addl. info... I see that zero line on my Stoch is way high, e.g. there is a huge lower margin betw 0 and almost -50, e.g. blank space. This is why the Stoch line is not fully visible. Before the margin used to be somewhere between 0 and -10. I can mail a screen shot if requred.
      Thank you very much.
      Regards, Art.
      Last edited by Art09; 04-13-2010, 12:56 PM. Reason: Info about indicators added

Comment

Hi Art,

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Kyle' in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
        1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) The workspace you are using when you see this behavior.
        You will find workspaces in the My Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Workspaces folder.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Art09, can you please try right-clicking on the price scale and then selecting properties and choose Automatic for the range setting?

I believe the issue here is somehow your chart's scale became fixed. Is there a capital F in a little box somewhere on the price scale?
          AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Kyle. I will only be able to see the difference tomorrow. Will let you know.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post arvidvanstaey  
            Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
            16 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post samish18