Ninja Trader Environment Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Trader Environment Problem

Hi! I am new to your tool, so this might be a newbie question.

I have set up my environment with my charts, etc. Everything saves fine. When I connect to my broker (AMP in this case), when the connection is made, none of my charts seem to sync. I have made sure that all my L buttons at the top of each charting window is the same color (who came up with that interface concept - yuk!), but that does not seem to matter. I do have this set up to record historic data, and I am currently evaluating all of this, so this is sim data. I have also tried refreshing the scripts, etc. The charts do seem to work fine when I am replaying historic data.

How do I get these to sync with the sim feed?

I just downloaded the latest version today; I am running Vista Business. I am a shrink-wrap developer, so I have all the .NET tools loaded. I don't believe that would matter, but I mention it just in case because it looks like this is a .NET app.

Thanks!
    Michael

Hi Michael:

Thank you for your post.

The simulated datafeed is internally generated data for the purposes of testing your ATM strategies within the SuperDOM. You may use the data for charting as well, but it is not real-time data and therefore will not reflect current market conditions.

You can change the sim feed start price of any instrument by going to Tools > Instrument Manager > select the instrument, choose 'Edit' and change Sim feed start price.

Then, re-add the instrument to your Default Instrument List.

As per your connection to Amp Futures/Zenfire, what do want to see sync up? When you window link application windows, this allows you to switch between instruments and each window will receive the same change of instrument request.

Yes, NinjaTrader is a .NET Framework application.

Best regards,
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Your Question

Basically, when I connect to the AMP sim feed, my Static SuperDOM and T&S appear to be connected to that feed no problem, but my four chart windows display charts from the last time I ran a historic day of data. In other words, they are out of sync with what I want to view right now. They are static and display data from 7/21/2007. I can't seem to get them to come alive - ha!

I will look at your suggestions, however.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi!

Thanks for the clarification.

Please let us know if you can re-produce. I will assume you are running NinjaTrader version 6.

Close each of your charts and while connected to Zenfire, open up new charts by going to File > New > Chart.

Do you now receive data for today and in real time?

If the answer is no, please report back to us.

Best regards,

Comment

Reponse

I am running 6.0.1000.4.

A new chart works fine.

I would prefer to get these to work because I have set up all kinds of things. This worked at one point by the way. How can I get these charts jump-started?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello again:

A colleague was taking a look at my post and wanted me to offer some more information.

When you have an existing chart open, right click and go to 'Format Data Series and check the "Last Date" setting. He mentions that it is probably set to the 21st. Please adjust to todays date and you should be good to go.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

Fixed

That was it - thanks.

I didn't play with those, so I am not sure I understand why they were fixed. Hopefully they will automatically pick up when I reopen the charts. They were set to the last seven days, so maybe they went out of range and didn't automatically sync. Possible bug.

I do have a few suggestions for your interface designer; if I get some time, I will post some screenshots in the wish list section. There are a few Windows concepts and best practices missing in your interface. Engineers - got to love em - ha! As Cooper says, the "inmates are running the asylum."

Thanks again!
              Michael

Comment

We always appreciate feedback. I suspect that you used Market Replay. When you do, chart last date are set to the replay date.

We have changed this for an upcoming release in a few months where the date is set back to the last date prior to replay.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Denver_Wayne  
                Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
                0 responses
                1 view