Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stop loss and profit target broker side

Hi,

I have read the thread http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=5349 'where do orders reside' and have a followup question. Say I believe the cable is going to break resistance at 1.5490 so I open up Ninja trader enter a buy stop order at 1.5495 with a take profit at 1.5530 and a stop loss at 1.5450 linked to it. I.E I do not explicitly use the oco feature. I then switch off my PC and enjoy the rest of my day.

On my return, if the price just exceeds 1.5495 will I have a naked long position or will the take profit and stop loss positions be added or will I have no position at all.

Secondly, if I left my PC on and the entry order triggered, will the take profit and stop loss be stored as an OCO even though I never used the OCO feature.

These may seam like obvious questions, but I come from a backgroud of using Metatrader and FXCM TSII where SL and TP do not appear as OCO orders.

Thirdly, if I only link a stop loss to my buy stop order, would stop loss order be sent to the broker when the buy is triggered, even when the PC is off.

My aim is to 'set and forget'. If I can not have a stop loss order and take profit added automatically, I will settle for just a stop loss.

Cheers

Anthony

Hello AnthonyFX,

Welcome to our forums.

If you use our ATM feature, Profit Targets and Stop Losses are inherently OCO. For most brokers, this OCO is simulated on your PC, meaning that NinjaTrader will cancel one or the other if either is filled. That link you posted will tell you if OCO is supported natively or simulated on your PC.

If you are not using ATM for your profit targets and stop losses, then OCO must be declared for these orders by right clicking and enabling OCO.

If you are in a situation where your connection is lost and OCO functionality is simulated on your PC, then the other order will remain outstanding until you manually cancel.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Pattontje, Yesterday, 02:10 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Pattontje  
    Started by flybuzz, 04-21-2024, 04:07 PM
    17 responses
    0 likes