Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Multiple NT install via multiple Virtual Machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple NT install via multiple Virtual Machine?

I have a simple question. I'm a mac user and I'm thinking about running 2 Virtual Machine via VMWare fusion with each running its own NT. I know I'd need 2 live license to do that but the real question is can those 2 install "speak".

Say if I connect both of them to the same IB account what happens if one put on a trade? Will the other install know about it? Is it even possible to connect to the same broker twice?

I know it's a weird question but as NT doesn't play well with virtual desktops I'd like to use Apple's Spaces to monitor different markets.

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

So long as you are using 2 different Live Edition Licenses and are connected to the same account on both installations you should see orders placed in one on the other. It will be missing a lot of the features of the internally handled NinjaTrader orders, but they will be provided by IB to NinjaTrader if you are connected to one instance.

I am not sure if this is possible with IB, and you would want to confirm with them, but in most instances brokers do not allow multiple connections to the same account.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post CortexZenUSA  
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
    0 responses