NinjaTrader 7 Tick chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader 7 Tick chart

I would like to plot a 7500t ES and a 500t ES on a single chart. But when I try, the distribution of the tick bars is distorted while the time scale remains constant. Every unit of distance on the horizontal scale equals a fixed unit of time. This makes a tick chart basically unreadable. I need the horizontal scale to be based on the number of ticks. Is there an easy fix?

Welcome to our forums, this expected as you have to run your charts then on non equidistant bar spacing - http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...price_data.htm
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Why not make equidistant bar spacing compatible with multiple series tick charts? Since one 1500 tick bar is equal to three 500 tick bars you could use box style charting in the same way as with 5m and 15m bars. The opening of the 1500t bar coincides with the open of the first 500t bars, and the close of the 1500t bar with the close of the third 500t bar. A 1500 t bar would overlay the 500 t bar nice and neat with out having to revert to a fixed time scale. This would really improve the functionality of multiple series tick charts. Just a thought.
      Last edited by gbvcxz; 04-15-2010, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Hi gbvcxz,

Thank you for your feedback!
        I will forward this on to my development team for further consideration.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I would also like to request that equal bar spacing be available on charts with multiple tick interval data series. Or even better, that on any chart with multiple data series, that the user be able to designate one of them to have equally spaced bars...(not sure that is possible)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by timko, Today, 06:45 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post gaz0001
          by gaz0001

Started by Waxavi, 04-19-2024, 02:10 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes