Strategy Tab Color Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Tab Color Indicator

I am running automated ninjascript strategies (I think) in NT7 SIM mode. Under the Strategy Tab, the Strategy name status 'cell' is yellow instead of green. I can't find anything that describes what that means. I am guessing it may mean the strategy is running but out of sync or in flat position. Thanks.
    Last edited by billr; 04-15-2010, 12:37 AM.

Bill, correct it's waiting to be flat to be in sync with the associated account to start trading live - http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...egies_tab2.htm
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand, I guess I don't understand what flat means and what the yellow tab is really showing. I thought flat meant a position that was fully closed out.

I started multiple (actually 4) test strategies this morning, to see how they would perform across a broad range of stocks on a new trial version of IQFeed, using the S&P500, in the Sim101 account with no open positions. I want to see if the data feed and pc could handle it. I am using a newly reinstalled NT7. I was getting a NT encountered a problem and needs to shut down msg so I uninstalled & reinstalled NT7. Then wrote 4 versions of a strategy. I do have 'Wait until flat' checked. What I don't understand is why approximately half of the S&P 500 instrument strategy list tabs are yellow. 95% of the S&P 500 has no history of these stocks in my data or pc, no orders were ever opened or closed and yet the tabs are yellow. None of the symbols have all 4 strategies yellowed, it's only either 1 or two. Why is that and what are they waiting for to flatten out? Thanks.

PS I did terminate the connection and reset the DB, still seeing a lot of yellow tabs.
      Last edited by florida99; 04-22-2010, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Hi florida99,

The strategy is waiting until it is flat, when considering historical data.

For example, if you start a strategy, and historically it WOULD be long one contract based on historical events, the strategy will wait until an event occurs that would make the strategy position flat. Then, it will start the live strategy.

This has nothing to do with real trades placed before.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Tim; 04-22-2010, 08:22 AM.
        TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the reply Tim. Even if flatten at 3:55pm is checked and set?
          Thanks again

Comment

florida99, this would not be relevant here - if you restart the strategy and it's in a trade historically it would until a fresh signal is generated and then execute a live trade.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
            11 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by fernandobr, Today, 09:11 AM
            1 response
            0 likes