Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart messed up after changing instruments

Hello,

I just switched instruments and my 1 minute chart is now all messed up. I really don't want to start another one because this one has my trendlines. I've tried reloading the data and ninja script but it did not help.

P.S. The default save on Paint is PNG. Will that work here or does it need to be a JPEG?

TIA
    Attached Files

Why am I now having problems getting answers to my questions? I used to get very prompt responses. I see that other questions have been answered in the last hour since I posted this.

Comment

Hello,

For some reason our system was not notified of your first post. We strive to answer ticket quickly if you dont receive a response from us in under an hour something is wrong and I'm glad that you reposted.

The chart is squished to fit all the lines on the chart. Specifically the ones on the very bottom. Were these lines you drew or is this part of an indicator?

Also you can double click on the lines that you dont want to be included in the scaling and uncheck Auto Scale.

Also if your running a Pivots indicator right click on the chart and select indicators and you can set its auto scale to false in the indicators parameters for the indicators that may be increasing the chart scaling.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brett; 04-15-2010, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Those are lines that I drew but nothing is in the right place. I closed the program and then reopened it. Upon reopening, the chart was correct but as soon as I clicked on the version 7 notification it went back to this mess. This didn't happen with any of the other charts.

I looks like the lines on the bottom are actually from TF, while the top lines are NQ.

What does auto scale do?

Comment

Are you running NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 6.5?

Comment

6.5 Not sure I should update since 7 is beta.

Comment

Can you please send a note to support at ninjatrader dot com and attach your trace files for today so that I may take look at them.

Can you please send me your trace files for today so that I may further assist.

You can find these files at the following locations, please attach these to a return email:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20100415
              for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20100415
              for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Comment

I had to close out NT in order to send you the files. When I reopened it, the chart was fine. Then, as soon as I connected to Zen-Fire, it went all screwy again.

Comment

I have replied to you via email. We will continue troubleshooting there.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jeronymite  
                  Started by bill2023, Today, 08:51 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post bill2023