Basic Entry Account Selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic Entry Account Selection

So far I have only been using the Basic Entry mechanism to enter my orders. I select an instrument, and click send to "Basic Entry."

Whenever I do this the default account that is selected is "Sim101".

How can I get it to automatically select my real trading account instead? I have no interest in doing simulated trading and this extra step for every single trade is very undesirable.

Under options on the simulator tab I have unchecked "Always start in simulation" and under the ATI tab I have my trading account selected for the "Default Account" selection.

Is there something I am missing that will select my trading account instead of Sim101 by default?

Hi kinsei,

Thank you for your post.

If you save the Basic Entry window as part of a workspace with the live account selected then when you open NinjaTrader and connect to your data feed the live account that was selected when you saved the workspace will automatically be chosen. For managing workspaces please see the following link.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I see what you are saying. If I have a workspace with a basic entry chart linked to my Market Analyzer window the account selection will remain static.

However, this does not fix the the way the "Send to" basic entry function works because this option always creates a new order entry window, and as mentioned the new window always defaults to Sim101.

At the moment I don't have a Basic Entry window open at all times because I am trying to save real estate on my desktop. At some point I will have to start using multiple monitors to give me more space but for right now I am still trying to figure out the best way to get the most out of what I have.

So to be clear, there is no other way to have the Basic Entry window (or any new entry window for that matter) default to the real trading account upon initial launch?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hello kinsei,

Yes, that is correct. NinjaTrader will default to the first account listed in alphabetical order.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes