Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta 14 invitation

Hi Support,
    When I follow the window for installing Beta 14 it leads to Webnew and then on to other places. Is this a bug or what path do I follow to install Beta 14?

thanks,
    bill

Hello Bill,

Thank you for your post.

Please note: We have migrated our website from one host to another. Please let us know if this “redirection” issue persists later in the day. It might take some time for the DNS to update.

If this issue persists please send us a note to support AT NinjaTrader dot com.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Chip View Post
      Hello Bill,

Thank you for your post.

Please note: We have migrated our website from one host to another. Please let us know if this “redirection” issue persists later in the day. It might take some time for the DNS to update.

If this issue persists please send us a note to support AT NinjaTrader dot com.
      I HAD A MISERABLE EXPERIENCE WITH v7.14 beta yesterday. Here is the abridged version that actually began Fri nite.
      I decided to try my laptop so my desktop wouldnt be screwed up by it.
      I could find no way to move my charts or templates over from 6.5 and to get my self written indicators there I moved my 6.5 indicator file there and renamed the v7 indicator folder so it wouldnt get opened.
      I then went to edit indicators and opened one at random so I could compile it and get the whole folder compiled in the same action but i got a dozen error messages of incorrect script. A few were of my own indicators, but FIVE were of the default ninja included ones with v7.14.
      I deleted all the ones that gave errors and now my indicators load but there still are no carried over templates or chart setups. It will never be worth the time to recreate everything (colors, thicknesses, panels etc...)and the Pivot indicator is one of the defaults that needed deleting and I want pivotlines on my charts too.
      I wrote back telling the customer support person how pissed I was at being treated like his guinea pig by his implying it was easy enough.
      All I had written in my thread was just about alerts not appearing in order in my window and he said the new version fixed that and I should upgrade.
      I never heard back after my complaints. It took me over 3 hours and several uninstalls and reinstalls of beta to even get that far.
      Now my desktop keeps telling me my license was upgraded to v7 and i need to convert here too. NEVER!!!!! Not until those glitches on indicators and templates get resolved.
      Last edited by simpletrades; 04-18-2010, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Hello Bill,

To clarify, you can have both NinjaTrader 6.5 & NinjaTrader 7 installed on the same PC. Having both installed on the same PC will not negatively impact your previous installation f NinjaTrader 6.5. However, you can only use one instance of NinjaTrader on the PC at any given time.

You are not obligated to install/upgrade to NinjaTrader 7. It is recommended that while NinjaTrader 7 is still in Beta that you continue to use NinjaTrader 6.5 for Live trading.

Please take a moment to review this post which details what will & will not be migrated from 6.5 to 7:

What will be migrated
        • Data stored in the NinjaTrader database
        • Data stored in Market Replay files
        • Instruments and Instrument Lists stored in the database
        • Commissions set up in the Instrument Manager
        • Trade execution history
        • Account connections
        • Workspaces
        • Tools > Options settings
        • Market Analyzer templates
        • Strategy Wizard templates

What will NOT be migrated
        • Charts in workspaces
        • Chart Templates
        • NinjaScript indicators and strategies
        • Indicator columns in Market Analyzer templates pointing to custom indicators
        • Custom symbol mappings for instruments in the Instrument Manager

For the complete detail regarding the migration, please the following link:
        Contains critical information including but not limited to migration, installation, connections and changes.

Please also see this list of critical information for NinjaTrader 7:

If you are still experiencing issues with NinjaTrader 7, please send us a note to support AT NinjaTrader dot com & we will be happy to assist you in getting these resolved.

Alternately, you can post/report bugs & platform issues at this section of our Support Forum:

We look forward to hearing from you.
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post arvidvanstaey  
        Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
        16 responses