Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How can I run a NT Script on 20 different Forex Symbols without 20 charts open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I run a NT Script on 20 different Forex Symbols without 20 charts open?

Hello,

I currently use Amibroker for generating buy/sell signals and basically I run the strategy against a watchlist which contains about 20 symbols. This way I don't have to keep 20 charts open with the same strategy attached. The chart interval is 61minutes but the scan is run every minute and signals are generated ONLY at the close of the 61min bar. What amibroker lacks is autoexecution with NT.

I am currently exploring converting Amibroker code to NT6 and

What I would like to know is:

1. In NT6, Is it possible to run a strategy against a watchlist(instrument list) instead of keeping 20 charts opened?.

2. Pls note the strategy uses multitimeframe coding with Daily data and hourly data being referenced in the rules.

3. Worstcase Is there any impact on running NT with autoexecution running 20 different charts in a single machine?

4. I noticed in the control panel, strategies tab, I was able to add the strategy to an instrument and it did not open a chart window. Will this method work even if the strategy has multitimeframe coding?.

5. Last but not least, has anyone integrated Amibroker with NT for autoexecution?. Thanks.

Cheers,Padhu

1) Yes, on the strategies tab for live startegies (as you already figured). For backtesting you could use the StrategyAnalyzer and test multiple symbols simultaneously.
    2) No problem there
    3) Depends on how CPU intense your actual strategy is
    4) see (1)
    5) Community?!?

Comment

How can I run a NT Script on 20 different Forex Symbols without 20 charts open? Repl

Hello Dierk,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I added a strategy to a single symbol with chart interval set to 1 min....After a while I see two rows of strategy for the same symbol under the strategies tab.

I also noticed that all strategies get deleted as soon as NT is shutdown and restarted?. Is that normal?.

Thanks.

Cheers,Padhu

Comment

>> After a while I see two rows of strategy for the same symbol under the strategies tab
        Only as you implicitly start a new strategy (and terminate the old one) as you e.g. press F5 on a chart or change the strategy's properties on chart

>> I also noticed that all strategies get deleted as soon as NT is shutdown and restarted?. Is that normal?.
        Yes

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post traderqz  
        Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes