IB Friends and Family advisor account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB Friends and Family advisor account

Is there any problem operating an IB friends and family account through NT ? The one master account executes through up to 7 or so sub accounts ?

Also , how to I put commissions in . I can't find it . Right now peformance shows commision for YM but not Bonds .

Thanks

imported post

1) Although you can connect trade through IB FA accounts, we do not support allocation profiles at this time for distributing trades across sub accounts.

2) Tools-->Instrument Manager, Commissions Tab. Changes applied now will not be reflected in historical data transactions.

Ray
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

as long as I am trading the same # of contracts across the accounts will it work ?

Comment

imported post

No, you can't specifiy allocation across sub accounts from within NT. You can use NT's Account Group feature. This will only replicate the intial entry order across all accounts associated to the group. Subsequent order modifications and cancellations must be processed indivually through separate entry windows.

Comment

imported post

Thanks for your help . I am not clear yet though . My assumption is that I would trade the IB Master Advisors account interfaced with NT and the master account would then allocate the trades to IB sub accounts on its ownin a way unrelated to NT ?

I certainly hope this is the case so I can continue to use NT .

Comment

What is the current status of NT support for IB's F&F accounts?

If I place a trade for 3 contracts in NT, will I get a fill in each of my three subaccounts?

If I place a trade for 6, will I get a fill for 2 in each subaccount?

Are allocation profiles supported at this time?

thanks, Mikeynh

Comment

Unfortunately we still do not support FF accounts at IB.

Comment

Thanks for the timely reply.

I would appreciate further elaboration on your phrase "do not support." This is vague.

To wit, I have an IB F&F account. Can I trade it at all using NT? If so how? with what limitations on the use of subaccounts? How would it be configured?

thanks, Mikeynh

Comment

You can connect to FA accounts and direct orders to any of the sub accounts, what we do not support are allocation profiles. Thanks for asking me to clarify.

Comment

Thank you for that clarification. So, allocation profiles are not available.

So, correct me if this is wrong, but my understanding is that I could connect NT to my master IB account, set up an NT account group, and then open an NT DOM for each subaccount within my master IB account. Right or wrong?

Further, would it make any difference if the three DOMs (as described above) were all set to the same symbol? That is, would this be the method to trade all three subaccounts?

Many thanks, mikey

Comment

Yes, you could do this however -

- Account group will only *replicate* an entry order (same orders goes to all sub accounts)
                      - Further modifications to these replicated orders must be done individually on each order
                      - No different if each DOM set to same symbol

Comment

I don't want you to think I am belaboring this unnecessarily. I just want to fully understand what I can do or not do before I subscribe to NT. So, follow me on this last point.

I want to place 2 orders in each of my three subaccounts, same symbol. So can I use one NT DOM to place the order (using an account group)?

I assume yes. If so, once the order is placed, I should have an additional three NT DOMS already configured, one to each of the three subaccounts, in order to individually manage the orders within each account. Correct?

I assume yes. So, is it true that once the initial order is placed, the portion of that order that has been allocated to each subaccount, will show up in the NT DOM that has been configured to the subaccount (even though that DOM was not used to place the initial order). Is this correct?

I assume yes, and if all DOMs have a specific strategy defined, will the NT DOM for a subaccount be displaying the same ATM strategy under which the order was initially placed (using the master group DOM)?

Thanks, mikey

Comment

Hi Mikey,

Correct, you can use one SuperDOM with the account group selected to route the same order to all your accounts that are a part of the account group.

It is not necessary to have the SuperDOM for you subaccount already configured. You can submit the entry in the SuperDOM with the account group selected. Then, open up a SuperDOM for your subaccount and it will display your position/order.

Your third assumption is also correct.

Yes, the ATM strategy used in the account group SuperDOM will be replicated to your subaccounts as well.
                          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Very clear response, Jason. Thanks very much.
                            -mikeynh

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                            6 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post DJ888
                            by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                            0 responses