Using SetTrailStop in NT 6.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using SetTrailStop in NT 6.5

I'm having problems using a trailing stop strategy in NT 6.5 and would like some suggestions.

Here's what I want to do:
    1) A trade is entered for 3 lots [lots #1, #2, and #3], where each lot is entered concurrently as an individual trade.
    2) An initial stop loss of x%, using SetStopLoss, is set for all of the 3 lots.
    3) Separate profit targets [#1, #2, and #3] are set for each of the 3 lots

NOTE: I already have 1), 2), and 3) coded.

4) I'd like to use SetTrailStop after price target #1 is hit and lot #1 is taken out so I can implement trailing stops of y% for the remaining lots #2 and #3.

My question is how do I have an initial stop loss for the 3 lots of x% AND trailing stop losses of y% once the first price target [lot#1] is taken out? Can this be done using NinjaScript methods or do you suggest that I code my own trailing stop method?

bluelou, this is getting into fairly complicated stuff and as such I recommend moving away from the SetTrailStop() method and start using the methods such as ExitLongStop() and ExitLongLimit()
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Austin, I just checked out ExitLongStop( ) and it appears that the only calculation mode is price (in levels). Is there a way to override this to change the calc mode to percent?

If not, it seems as though I'll have to write my own method that functions the same as ExitLongStop( ) but uses percent as a calc mode.

Who uses a fixed price in levels in an automated strategy? That parameter doesn't even make sense.

Comment

Hi bluelou,

The ExitLongStop() price can be used with a variable that changes based on changing calculation in your strategy, so it can accept something like Close[1] -1, which would make sense in automated strategy.
        TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        12 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Leafcutter  
        Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes