Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charts in daily period

Dear Support
    How can I open my charts always with a daily period ?
    thanks

Hi,

After setting up your chart, you need to save it as Default. You can do this by right click--> Templates--> Save as default.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Vincent
      I already tried but it is not working. When I use file ->new->Chart the data series dialog always set 1min for the period type.

Comment

Hi,

If you open a chart using the method you defined and then choose the Daily interval you can go to File-->Workspaces-->Save Workspace.

Then when you open a new chart the desired daily interval will be saved as part of the workspace.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried also to save the workspace but every time I open the data series dialog the type of the period defaults to 1 minute. I am using historical data (not connected).

Comment

lprimultini,

What you will want to do is save your current workspace after opening a chart for the daily interval. So please go to File-->New-->Chart and then setup the Format Data Series box as you would like, and then create a chart.

Once you create a chart please go to File-->Workspaces-->Save Workspace. Then please close NinjaTrader, and when it asks you to save the workspace please say Yes to All.

Then please reopen NinjaTrader and then go to File-->New-->Chart. If you saved the workspace correctly then it should show the interval as the last type of chart you created.
            Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I followed exactly your instructions. When NT reopens it also loads the last chart saved in the workspace with the daily period. But when I ask for a new chart the data series dialog box defaults again to 1min. Only if I type directly the symbol name inside the open chart the period doesn't change but if I use the file->new->chart menu the period switches back to 1min.

Comment

You may have a corrupt workspace.

Can you please goto Control Center->File->Workspaces->New Workspace.

Then in the new workspace please create a new daily chart. Then goto file->new chart and see if it defaults to the daily time frame or if it defaults back to the minute time frame.

Comment

Still not working even with a new workspace. Any settings in the configuration files (or in the windows registry) that can change this behavior ?

Comment

None that I know of. This is an undocumented feature and something should work by default. Can you please use the Control Center->Help->Mail to support feature in NinjaTrader and send your workspace, database, and log and trace files, in the subject line put ATTN:Brett and reference this forum post.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post DJ888
                    by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                    0 responses
                    1 view