Very Peculiar Data Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Peculiar Data Problem

I'm running the latest version 6.0.1000.4 along with IQ feed. I just discovered that I'm missing Friday's data completely (7/27/07) for minute charts (ie. 3&15 minute). Deleting the chart does not bring up the data. Hitting F5 to refresh doesn't restore it and even exiting and rebooting the program doesn't bring it back. It doesn't seem to be the data feed because if QT is loaded at the same time (therefore same server), Friday's data shows up just fine for a 15 minute chart. What is really strange is that data is shown for tick and volume charts.

Can anyone else duplicate this problem? I can't complain to DTN-IQ since the data seems to be there for quote tracker and even for NT for volume charts. Aside from avoiding minute charts, any work around?

Have you tried reloading your historical data? To do this first connect to your datafeed then Tools->Historical Data->Reload. Try checking "Tick, Volume, Second" as well as "Minute" or you can check all of them.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please try Tools->Historical data->Reload

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion but no joy

Thanks for the quick response but I tried the reload function several times and Friday's data for ER2 is still missing for minute charts but not for volume charts. Is it possible that the data stored by NT is somehow corrupted. Perhaps deleting a particular NT file would help. In the meantime I'll carry on with volume charts.

The only other possibility is that last night I loaded up VST indicators. I don't see how indicators would have this sort of an effect but I'll e-mail Viper Speed trading and see what he says. He did indicate that some users of the latest version of NT were encountering a few problems.

Comment

>> but not for volume charts
          Please double check you ran the Reload for tick data, since volume bars are built of tick data.

Comment

Problem Fixed!

Thanks for your help. I encountered an error running the rebuild but the error dialog box was confusing since it said "Error found - None". Anyway I just took out the CL contract and then the rebuild went fine. I think the dialog box pointing to CL was hidden by the 2nd dialog box that popped up.

Comment

Great. The error message is coming for DTN/IQFeed...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
              2 responses
              1 like
              Last Post BarzTrading  
              Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH