TT disconnecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TT disconnecting

The last few days TT has disconnected on me 3-5 times each day. Stays of for about 1 minutes then connects again. My historical (Barchart) stays connected. Do you know if they're having problems?

Hi BobNowak,

Thank you for your post.

I am not aware of any TT server side issues. Likewise, we have not received similar reports from other users.

We realize that lost connections can be frustrating. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API wil continuously try to re-establish a connection.
    Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:
    • ISP issues
    • Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
    • Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week buy you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
    • With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections (10 programs making socket connections through the internet) Windows will randomly shut down some connections
    • Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime

Does this PC connect to the internet via a wired or a wireless connection?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

wired. should I check with my broker?

Comment

Hi BobNowak,

Yes, please check with your broker to see if they have been experiencing any outages of late.

Also, if you connect this PC to the internet wirelessly, I would suggest hard-wiring to your modem to see if the issue continues to occur.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
        12 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DrakeiJosh  
        Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes