Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB and KOSPI

Hello,

I want to chart K200 (Kospi Index) in NT6.5ver15 using IB data.
    I have a live account with IB, the Kospi data is coming in and i can chart k200 in TWS without a problem.

I checked the following threads:

and

http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...highlight=k200 post #4 for the latest settings in the instrument manager supposed to be working.

When trying to open a chart i get "Error loading chart data for 'KS200 06-10 Kse': NinjaTrader data server does not support this instrument, no data available".

In the control panel log i get the above mentioned error highlighted in green, and also " Instrument 'KS200 06-10' not supported " highlighted in yellow.

Anyone successfully charting K200 in NT using IB data kind to share their settings in the instrument manager?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

AQ

You likely selected the incorrect historical data server for your IB account connection, our's would not support the KOSPI, while IB's native ones would, please recheck under Tools > Acc Connection > Your IB connection. Thanks.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Bertrand:

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      You likely selected the incorrect historical data server for your IB account connection,..."
      What do you mean by "incorrect historical data server"? In account connections i can select whether i want to use IB historical data servers or not(Use IB servers is selected); i don't find an option to select "which" data server to choose (I thought IB does that automatically).

"...our's would not support the KOSPI, while IB's native ones would, please recheck under Tools > Acc Connection > Your IB connection. Thanks."
      I checked the settings in the IB Acc connection and i have "Use IB servers" for historical data selected.

I use Zen Fire too, and this connection has the historical data "enabled" selected.

I have been running this set up without problems charting futures (6E, 6B, CL, ES, QM) and a couple indexes (ADD, TICK) successfully:

I connect to Zen fire first then to IB. My understanding is that after every data request NT will go to Zen fire and if data is unavailable there then it'll go to IB servers. It is working fine: I can chart real time certain indexes (ADD and TICK for example) that Zen Fire does not support, so the data must be coming from IB. Also after regular trading hours i disconnect IB and my futures charts continue plotting real time from the Zen fire feed.

So, if IB data works fine for the indexes, i can't understand what is the problem with K200.

Appreciate your suggestions

Thanks

AQ

Comment

AQ, thanks I see - the issue here is the KOSPI is a future instrument and if you connect to Zen all futures have to come from the first connection, Zen in this case and it does unfortunately not support the KOSPI for data access.

Comment

AQ, thanks I see - the issue here is the KOSPI is a future instrument and if you connect to Zen all futures have to come from the first connection, Zen in this case and it does unfortunately not support the KOSPI for data access.
          Bertrand:

That's not good news.

Is it because of the order in the connection (Zen first IB second)? or because NT classifies data according to the type of instrument (future,stock, index) so that data for all futures must come from the same feed, data from all stock must come from the same feed (could be different to the futures data feed) and so on?

Hypotetically, assume data feed A supporting London Stock exchange exclusively and data feed B supporting NYSE exclusively. XYZ a stock traded at LSE only and ABC a stock traded at NYSE only. I connect data feed A first and Data feed B second. If i ask NT to chart XYZ and ABC:

Do i get both charts OK? or
          Do i get a chart for XYZ and an error of symbol not supported for ABC?

Would i have the same problem with NT7?

Thanks

AQ

Comment

Acqua, the same approach exists in NT7 and was always the case as 6.5 - all available data per instrument category is taken from the primary provider, so if Connection A supports futures > all futures data is taken from this connection, you can't selectively take Future X then from Connection B.

However if Connection A does not support FX, but Connection B does, then FX data is taken from Connection B.

In your case: you need a third party feed connected first that would support all futures you need in your trading.

Comment

Bertrand

Thanks for your reply. I think that logic hinders substantially the multiple connection support approach. In my case i have to give up the quality of Zen fire data (better than IB for futures) in order to get the one instrument they do not support (k200) even though i have access to both data feeds.

Is this something that can be forwarded to development for consideration?

thanks again

AQ

Comment

AQ, thanks for the feedback, I can understand and it's noted on our suggestion list for future consideration.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post quantismo  
                Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes