Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

1st data feed: Forex(ticks), 2nd data feed: Futures(mins)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st data feed: Forex(ticks), 2nd data feed: Futures(mins)

Hi,

I am using NT in simulation mode and I intend to buy the software when I go live. As I was trying the features I ran across a data feed issue which I am posting here.

The following does not answer my question:

Question:

I currently get Futures and Forex data from Interactive Brokers but they don't provide tick data. I want to use IB as my broker but use IQFeed for Forex tick data

The way I understand it, if I put IQFeed as the first Connection, IB as the second, NT will fetch Forex data from IQFeed, and seeing that it cannot get Futures data from it, with fallback to IB for regular minute-based Futures data. Orders submitted through NT will create an equivalent order on the IB platform.

Do I get this right?

Thank you.
    Last edited by marcusplexus; 04-23-2010, 10:22 PM. Reason: Badly structured sentences

Hello,

The way I understand it, if I put IQFeed as the first Connection, IB as the second, NT will fetch Forex data from IQFeed, and seeing that it cannot get Futures data from it, with fallback to IB for regular minute-based Futures data.
    >>Yes, The data is filtered via instrument type givig priority to the first feed. This is detailed in the link you posted.

Orders submitted through NT will create an equivalent order on the IB
    >>I'm not sure what you mean by "equivalent order". The way it works is, the feed that has a broker associated with it will get the order, regardless of the connection order. If the broker does not support orders on the instrument you are trying to place an order on, no order will be sent. That also should be included in the link you posted.

Does that help?
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You have answered my questions. Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:56 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes