priorDayOHLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Harry

I am using IB, where the well known NT bug occurs.
    Instruments are ES, YM, NQ, 6E, GC (problems only with ES, YM, NQ)
    I use minute charts.TimeZone is CentralEurope.
    Settlement or close is not so important for me (if easy, then settlement)
    When using US CME RTH, or the templates for GC and 6E I have no problems, only with the US CME ETH. (The problems are the same as when I would use the standard PriorDayOHLC indicator.

I would like to have only one non standard indicator. And I want it very simple, KISS.
    If NT would not have this bug...
    So I put all the things I need in a very simple way in my PriceLine "Indicator".

The close I could take from the daily bar as in the workaround, but the YH and YL depends on RTH or ETH.

With GC and 6E, Bars.GetSessionBar(1).Close (or PriorDayOHLC) works ok for me. For ES etc. I had to create a workaround (see code in indi).
    As I know not much about programming... this workaround will probably be a bit too simple. So I thought that maybe you have a better solution, as you are working on this problems for a long time... but with less code and features than your indi has.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by terratec View Post
      Hi Harry

I am using IB, where the well known NT bug occurs.
      I use IB with CME US Index Futures ETH and no problems at all.

What exactly is the bug you are talking of?

Comment

OK, just checked GetSessionDate(). The method does not work properly, you are right. It is a bug. So you cannot use it at all. This is not related to Interactive Brokers, but to NinjaTrader methods that cannot read the data of the data base correctly.

Have opened a new thread.

Last edited by Harry; 08-23-2010, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
          I use IB with CME US Index Futures ETH and no problems at all.

What exactly is the bug you are talking of?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your patience we will respond shortly.

Comment

PriorSessionOHLC as substitute

Hi Beat,

While GetSessionDate() is flawed, Bars.FirstBarOfSession works well. Just replaced a few lines of the indicator.

The modified version should do the job for you, It will correctly display the open, high, low and close of the prior session. So you can use it for CME US Index Futures ETH as well.

There is one difference only. If you divide the day into several sessions (which is not the case for most of the templates), the indicator will not display the prior day OHLC but it display the prior session OHLC, as its name indicates.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                The modified version should do the job for you, It will correctly display the open, high, low and close of the prior session. So you can use it for CME US Index Futures ETH as well.
                Hi Harry

Great! It works with all my instruments and templates. Thx so much!

NT: Would be nice to see this stuff fixed...

Comment

Originally posted by terratec View Post
                  Hi Harry

Great! It works with all my instruments and templates. Thx so much!

NT: Would be nice to see this stuff fixed...
                  Because errors can not be imported into the NT 8 the indicator

Comment

Hello hsew65,
                    Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum!
                    Can you clarify your post? Are you receiving an error when you try to import? If so please provide a screenshot of the error you receive.
                    To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction
                    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by hsew65 View Post
                      Because errors can not be imported into the NT 8 the indicator
                      The following is written in German.

Error:
                      You have custom Ninja script file on their
                      PC which have programming errors. These errors must be corrected before they can import a Ninja script file.

Comment

Hello,
                        Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the NinjaScript object. This will allow you to debug the NinjaScript object, exclude it from the compiler, or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one NinjaScript object, it is due to NinjaTrader compiling all NinjaScript objects - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.

Open NinjaTrader
                        From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
                        Right click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
                        At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
                        You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678
                        Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post XXtrader  
                        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes