Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy limit order under SIM

Bit of a newbie question.

Trading CL (crude) under SIM using static SuperDOM to place orders. Using NT 6.5.

I want to go long at, say, 85.31, but only if price touches 85.31. So I place a Limit Buy order at 85.31 by pressing the middle/centre mouse key on the DOM. Price at this point is several ticks below 85.31.

Price then moves up and gets to 85.30 (but NEVER 85.31). It triggers my order and fills me at 85.28. Usually you would be thankful for a good fill, but price kept going down. The trade was a loser and price never got back to near 85.31.

How come the order was triggered when the closest price got to my Limit order was one tick away?

This can change based on where your orders reside as with some providers stop orders held on the brokers servers and triggered by the exchange/broker so you would need to contact your broker for more information on this for what you are trading.

Where do orders reside:
    Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

This change occurs with the simulator when the last traded price hits the stop price.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks Brett,

Just to confirm - I am only talking about SIM environment.

Your comment still has me confused ..."This change occurs with the simulator when the last traded price hits the stop price."

As I said in the OP, price never hit my Buy Limit of 85.31 - it got to 85.30 - so under SIM why did it trigger the order?

Comment

Hi Steve22,

This is not to be expected as it should not be triggered from stop order to a limit order until the last traded price equals your stop.

Since you are using the Simulated Data Feed we can not really check, but if this happens again please open a 1 minute interval chart. Then on the bar that corresponds to when your order was filled please check the OHLC of that bar to compare.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ryan,

Just for clarity - it was a Live data feed from ZenFire but trading under my SIM101 account. I can confirm on a 7 range chart the OHLC never got to 85.31.

I will check the 1 min chart and report back.

Hi Ryan,

I can now confirm the 1 min chart OHLC only shows a high of 85.30 as well.
          If you want to look for yourself, it occurred at 4.46am ET on April 26 Monday.
          Last edited by steve2222; 04-26-2010, 06:01 PM. Reason: Update 1 min chart result

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post arvidvanstaey