Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no actual prices

Hello,

I have in my workspace a RangeBar-Chart and a 3-min-chart and a 150-Tick chart to compare these 3 types. (6E, CL, TF and YM). I´m wondering as I have actual prices in Range-Bars but in the Minute-Chart and the tick-chart the last prices I have are from yesterday and there´s no movement in the both charts now. But when I open a new chart with 150-Tick I have current prices.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards
    Tony
    Last edited by tonynt; 04-30-2010, 05:29 AM.

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please tell me what version of NinjaTrader you currently have installed which can be checked under Help-->About.

Also can you please tell me what data provider you are connected to within NinjaTrader so I may further assist.

I look forward to assisting you further with this issue.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

no actual prices

Hello,

thank you for your prompt reply. The Ninja version is 6.5.1000.15.

But now (after opening exchange?) it works. Strange. How can I have range-charts before but no tick-charts.

Best regards
      Tony

Comment

Hello Tony,

Please set your Session begins and ends time both to 12:00 AM with the steps I have provided below.
        • Right mouse click within your chart
        • Properties
        • Set your Session begins and ends time
        • Click Ok
        I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Chart Properties.

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.

Comment

no actual prices

Hello,

thank you for you reply. As I do trials with Ninja now for 10 months of course I know that these settings have to be correct. And even if the time is 0:00 - 0:00 there have to be the prices.

Now I have no prices in YM 5-Range-Chart as the last prices are from yesterday 4:15 PM. Strange.

(But I have 5-Range-Chart-Prices for 6E and TF and CL. And for YM I have current tick-charts and minute-charts now - but no 5-Range-Chart)

And I have done options - misc - repair DB also.

For your information: actual datafeed for demo is AMP.

Thanks
          Tony
          Last edited by tonynt; 04-30-2010, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.
            • Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
            • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
            • Select the "Misc" tab
            • Press the "Repair DB" button
            • Press the "OK" button

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.

Comment

no actual prices

Hi Christopher,

thanks again for your reply. I´ve done the repair DB. But didn´t work. Then I closed the non-working-chart and opened new - and not it works.

What might be the problem when not opening it as a new because the charts are part of a workspace (I can not open and setup all windows). For your information I have opened same time on 2 screens:

4 charts with 5-Ranges
              4 charts with 15-Ranges
              4 charts with 45-Ranges
              4 charts with 3-minutes
              4 charts with 150 Ticks
              8 T&S

Is this to much for NinjaTrader?

Thanks and best regards
              Tony

Comment

Yes, this definitely could be resource issue you are experiencing. Please close all your open workspaces by going to the Control Panel-->File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace

After you have closed all workspaces please create a new workspace by going to the Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->New Workspace

Within the new workspace please open a new chart with no template or indicators applied and let me know if the issue persists.

Comment

Do you know of a script that can copy previous price action and allow me to position the copied price action area at the open of a new bar (as in the start of market hours)?

Comment

Originally posted by guava View Post
                    Do you know of a script that can copy previous price action and allow me to position the copied price action area at the open of a new bar (as in the start of market hours)?
                    Can you please clarify what you would like to achieve so I may further assist.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                      This is generally what I am looking for.

I can copy the previous day's price action so I can line it up with the current day's price action, thus visually removing the overnight gap.

Comment

Unfortunately I do not have a code available on how to achieve this. You may want to post within our NinjaScript Development area where other developers may have some input on this subject.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post

Christopher, Thanks for your help thus far. I actually have a script that worked with NT to do just what I described, but for some reason about a few weeks ago it stopped working. The following is where I got the script (http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showth...ap#post2705486).

I looked at best I could to see if there was some kind of error in the script I have, but I found none. It should be added however, that I really don't know what I am really looking for in it.

I would be happy to post the script if that would help.

Thanks, Guava

Comment

guava, you could post the script used in our NinjaScript related sections of the forums, where you hopefully get insight into what might have caused the recent issues. Perhaps a code issues that is spurious in showing up? Any log errors you would see upon trying to run this specific script?

Thanks
                            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                              guava, you could post the script used in our NinjaScript related sections of the forums, where you hopefully get insight into what might have caused the recent issues. Perhaps a code issues that is spurious in showing up? Any log errors you would see upon trying to run this specific script?

Thanks
                              Betrand,

Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me how I would go about locating the script and then how I can post it in the correct forum? Sorry for the hassle.

guava

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cre8able  
                              Started by fiddich, Today, 05:25 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes