Charts in Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts in Panel

Is it possible to place the charts withing a workspace on a panel so that they can be minimized together. I am trying to use 12 charts divided into two workspaces. I would like to have both workspaces open and enabled for trading but my screen will allow only 6 charts to display at one time.

Hi GuyFB,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, linking charts in this was is not currently possible. This is, however, on my development team's list of items for further consideration.

In the meantime, I would suggest using two workspaces containing six charts each. With this setup, you could easily cycle between the two by clicking SHIFT + F3.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of assistance with anything else.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle, my first time on this forum and hoping you get this and can answer my question. I have never used Ninja trader, have been on MT4 for quite a long time. I'm looking at trying Ninja. What I like in MT4 is the ability to drag and drop multiple indicators into one pane. It works perfectly in MT4, Does Ninja work like this?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hi GuyFB,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, linking charts in this was is not currently possible. This is, however, on my development team's list of items for further consideration.

In the meantime, I would suggest using two workspaces containing six charts each. With this setup, you could easily cycle between the two by clicking SHIFT + F3.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of assistance with anything else.

Comment

Hello syxforex,

Thank you for your post.

This is not possible in version 6.5, but is possible in NinjaTrader 7.

Comment

Is it possible to get a demo and some historical data to experiment with?

Comment

Hello syxforex,

You can sign up for a trial of NinjaTrader via the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/do...g_software.htm

We can also get you setup with a data trial. Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with this request.

Comment

Hey Kyle, thanks, I'm up and running. Another question for you. In MT4 I use stochastics with the exponential setting. It's a built in feature on MT4. Is there a way to do this in Ninja?

Hello syxforex,

You can sign up for a trial of NinjaTrader via the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/do...g_software.htm

We can also get you setup with a data trial. Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with this request.

Comment

Hello syxforex,

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with this. Can you provide me with more information?

Comment

On the stochastics indicator that comes with the MT4 platform, one of the settings options is the moving average type used in the stochastic calculation. You can choose simple or exponential. The sthochastic indicator that comes with ninja does not appear to have the exponential moving average option.

Hello syxforex,

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with this. Can you provide me with more information?

Comment

Hello syxforex,

Thank you for the clarification.

This is not available in NinjaTrader 7 by default. It would, however, be possible to create this through custom programming. If you are not a programmer any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this project for you: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm

Comment

Hello syxforex,

I've been coding in MT4 since 2003, I can translate the code for you pretty inexpensively. Email or private message me to discuss...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Pattontje, Yesterday, 02:10 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Pattontje  
                      Started by flybuzz, 04-21-2024, 04:07 PM
                      17 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post TradingLoss