X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CME RMBUSD FX contract?

Hi,

I am trying to add the following contract via Instrument Manager:
    Find information for Chinese Renminbi/USD Futures RMB/USD Contract Specs provided by CME Group. View Contract Specs

My broker uses Patsystems

Master Instrument=RMB
    Instrument type=Futures
    Tick size=0.00001
    Currency=USD
    Point value = 1000000
    Rollover=1
    Exchanges=cme
    Symbol map\Patsystems=CME|RMB

Can you confirm if the values in red above are correct (as compared to the contract spec in the above URL).

I am still confused about the exchanges and symbol map entries.

In Patsystems platform, the contract is listed under CME\RMB\MAY10 (for May contract)

Hello,

Thank you for your first forum post.

Before we attempt to troubleshoot the symbol mapping. Can you please double check to make sure that your account is enabled for this instrument. With the patsystems connection only when you are connect and then goto the instrument manager you will see a new button that is called Pats... Please click on this and this will tell you all instruments that you are enabled to trade. Please check and insure that this isntrument is in the list.

Comment

Hello Brett,

Thanks for your response.

I have read and followed the instructions in the "Patsystems Connection Guide". However, I did not see the "Pats..." button next the the "Search" button as shown in the guide. That was the reason I had to manually add some of the instruments that were not in the default list.

Anyway, my Patsystems connection seems to be working as I was able to get quote and could also plot charts.

Just that behaviour of the CME RMB contract was a bit puzzling:
      1. I could only get the "near month" for June 2010, although in native Patsystems interface, the near month is May 2010.
      2. I tried changing the rollover period parameter between 3 and 1, but observed no difference in behaviour (ie. there is no May contract for RMB under NT)

Any other parameters that I could try?

P.S: I am using NT 6.5.1000.14

Comment

Greenchili,

1) You will only see the Pats button when you are connected to Patsystems.

2) Try using the Patystems Symbol map of just RMB and then checkmarking the CME on the Definitions tab.

3) You are using an older version of NinjaTrader. Current release of NinjaTrader is version 6.5.1000.15, If you are running an older version of NinjaTrader please download the latest version of NinjaTrader Here:

Make sure to close NinjaTrader before you install the updated version of NinjaTrader, all of your settings will be maintained.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
        11 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
        Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post FrazMann