Static SuperDOM bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Profitmake,

When using Interactive Brokers, this can be expected. (see attached 'Example.jpg')
    Attached Files
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hi Profitmake,

When using Interactive Brokers, this can be expected. (see attached 'Example.jpg')
      Level II data is accessible via IB API and your Level II tool is able to retrieve from IB properly.

So what causes your DOM unable to retrieve full level 2 data from IB?

Comment

Hi Profitmake,

I do not believe the issue is specific to IB, because I have seen it such with other data providers that market depth with stocks will only show one level.

You can check this by seeing if you are able to set the Show Market Depth to True, and see if it stays enabled, or if it reverts to False.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
          Hi Profitmake,

I do not believe the issue is specific to IB, because I have seen it such with other data providers that market depth with stocks will only show one level.

You can check this by seeing if you are able to set the Show Market Depth to True, and see if it stays enabled, or if it reverts to False.
          I tried it. The market depth is locked at "False". You can't change it into "true".

Yes I believe this technical problem doesn't stem from the data provider. It's because we are able to extract full market depth successfully in Level 2 window or chart indicators etc.

So there is something wrong between DOM and the stock market depth.

Comment

Hi Profitmake,

Again, what you are seeing here is expected behavior. Stock instruments will show only 1 level of market depth in the DOM. For complete level II data, you will want to open a level II window as well.

I will, of course, forward your comments on this to my development team for further consideration.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or if we may be of assistance with anything else.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I know what you mean. I just wonder why it behaves in this way. I don't believe this is deliberately done by design. I guess there must be some technical difficulties which prevent us from getting full market depth in DOMs. I just want to know roughly what they are if you don't mind disclosing them.

By the way I don't think you would deem Level II window as a valid alternative. It's only a workaround at best. DOM serves a different purpose than Level II window. Traders do use DOM to trade stocks. Level II window couldn't replace it for that purpose.

To sum up I hope:
              1. Static DOM can support all types of instruments too, not just dynamic DOM
              2. Support stock level II data in DOM, similar to what IB's BookTrader can do.
              Last edited by Profitmake; 05-12-2010, 02:18 PM.

Comment

I am not sure if this is by design or not. Unfortunately we do not have such information listed on our end.

I will forward these 2 suggestions as well.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Javierw.ok  
                Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes