Post computer crash rebuild question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post computer crash rebuild question

My primary computer crashed at the end of last week : I though it was the hard drive, but apparently it was a Windows error requiring a full Windows reinstall (first time ever for me). I have all data backed up, but my question is to ask where the Ninjascript files (indicators) are stored ? I have to download and reinstall all programs, so I am guessing that I will have to locate and redownload all my non-standard indicators ?

If so, how do I back these up in future : save the files in a folder before importing to the program ?

I will have the computer back this (European) afternoon, so will get to work reinstalling and reconfiguring straight away : please let me know on this ASAP.

jtrade, sorry to hear about your PC issues - there're basically 3 ways to backup those files -

1. Export to zip via File > Utilities > Export

2. Save the cs files directly from the MyDocuments > NinjaTrader 65 / 7 > bin > Custom > Indicator / Strategy /Type folders.

3. Use the backup feature, File > Utilities > BackUp.

So if you're own backups include the MyDocuments folder listed above you should be good and can copy over the CS files into the exact respective folders, then just compile one indicator in NinjaTrader.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Bertrand - if the .cs files are in My Documents, then I have them all and can recompile

Comment

Bertrand - can I recompile all indicators in one go, or must I carry out this process one by one ?

Comment

Copy all needed CD files in their folders and then just compile one time, should be sufficient.

Comment

Will do, thank-you, Bertrand.

Comment

Bertrand - I'm having the following difficulty : I cannot recompile as NT cannot locate 4 .dll files associated with subscription indicators that I no longer use. I have deleted these indicators' .cs files, but my system, even though logged in as Admnistrator, will not allow me to delete them. Any ideas ?
              Attached Files

Comment

I think I may have done it by moving the .dll files to a new folder and then deleting that... just downloading something before I reboot to confirm (my goodness, reconfiguring Windows etc inc service packs, updates etc takes forever : I will clone my drive when I complete this later today : backup is not enough ))

Comment

If you don't have those 3rd party files in the custom folder anymore you needed to get rid of the references to those in the NinjaScript editor, open any indicator, right click, select References and delete the not needed custom ones in the upcoming list. After this retry compiling again.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                    If you don't have those 3rd party files in the custom folder anymore you needed to get rid of the references to those in the NinjaScript editor, open any indicator, right click, select References and delete the not needed custom ones in the upcoming list. After this retry compiling again.

Thanks again, Bertrand - that was indeed the solution, although it seems that the workspace I opened before I did this has deleted most of my indocators.... fortunately it was not too complex.

I have now made a drive image so that I will be better prepared in future.

Comment

jtrade, great to hear this is resolved for you now.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post algospoke  
                      Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes