Problems with picking up a strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with picking up a strategy

I have posted about this before, but I continue to have problems in which when I reconnect NT to IB everyday, sometimes it will pick up my currently "Active" strategy and others times it doesn't. I hold positions overnight and not having NT re-pickup the Active strategy is a serious problem. So, sunday night I had 3 new positions in the 6E 6S and 6B. NT managed the trades fine..but once I shut down IB at 3pm on monday and reconnect to IB....NT did not re-pickup my Active strategy in the 6E and 6B, but it did in the 6S. While the targets and stops are seen in IBTWS, the strategy is not active anymore in NT, thus it cannot manage the trade.

I can send log and trace files...and I am running the recommended TWS and NT.

TIA!

Hello Stok,

Yes, can you please send me your log and trace files for 5/3 and the date before 5/3. You can find these files at the following locations:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20100503 for yesterday. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20100503 for yesterday. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

What order status is reflected for the ATM orders that are not picked up during the new session in the Control Center-->Orders-tab?

Please send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sent the files.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
        Hello Stok,

Yes, can you please send me your log and trace files for 5/3 and the date before 5/3. You can find these files at the following locations:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20100503 for yesterday. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20100503 for yesterday. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

What order status is reflected for the ATM orders that are not picked up during the new session in the Control Center-->Orders-tab?

Please send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.
        When you say order status, do you mean under the "State" column?

Comment

Yes, I was referring to the State column.

Comment

Well, there are many. Some say filled, some say canceled. It depends, b/c I filled target 1 in the 6E and 6S on monday when NT was managing the trades. Then, after it didn't re pickup the Active strategy, I had to manually modify the orders within IBTWS. Will the log or trace files show that?

Comment

I am not sure if the files display the modifications done in TWS.

Unfortunately I have not received your email yet. Could it be the log and trace files were larger than 5 MB?

Comment

Hrmm...it shows it was sent and under 20MB, but I just resent it.

If you need a screen shot of the Orders tab, let me know and I'll email you one.

Comment

Opps....both files are over 5MB. Do I need to use yousendit?

Comment

Ok, files too large....so I am sending via yousendit.

Comment

Stok, thanks we finally got your files via YSI, I'll reply now via email directly to you.
                      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok...noticed another problem. I have a trade on in GC right now...the strategy did get re picked back up and is active....BUT...my stop is not in the DOM, but shows in IBTWS. My target order shows in the DOM thou....Ideas???

Comment

Hello Stok,

Can you please check the Orders-tab and check if the stop loss is listed as 'Accepted' or 'Working'. If so, the stop loss is still active.

Could it be the price where the stop loss resides is excluded from the price ladder? If so, please right click in the SuperDOM and disable 'Auto Center'. Scroll to the price of your stop loss and check if you see it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                          47 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post aligator  
                          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes