Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back up error NT6.5v15

Hello,

Please find attached a gif file with a print screen of the error i am getting.

NT has a pop up window during back up that is supposed to tell the user how long has it taken the process and approximately how long before finishing the back up job. My window remains blank, the window task manager shows NT as a "not responding" application, then after about 15 minutes the error window attached pops up.

I am backing up everything, searching the forum i found a suggestion as to unchecking the box to include the trace files in the backup. Tried that and error still shows up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

AQ
    Attached Files

Hello Acqua,

Thank you for your post.

You should try without the db file.

You can still backup this file and restore into a new installation. It just won't be part of the .ntbk file.

If you elect not to backup the db file but want to move it from one installation to another, you can find it at:
    My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\db\NinjaTrader.mdb

Let us know if you have the same issue when not backing up the db file.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

What is the db file? cant find it in the back up window options

Thanks

AQ

Comment

This is the "Database" file.

Comment

Back up function takes a few clicks to complete. NT is far from being a stable platform so backing up data is paramount. The idea of backing up/restoring files individually is rather cumbersome and time consuming. Something a user might be willing to do once or twice if necessary but never as a permanent solution, wouldn't you agree?

I have a dedicated trading computer, desktop Win XP Pro x86, runs NT6.5v15. Back up function runs without a glitch. I have a laptop intel i5 win 7 x64. I had NT7 installed and back up function also worked without a glitch, twice as fast as the desktop.

I am away from the office for a long time. Took the laptop with me. Following suggestions from NT development team NOT to use NT7 for live trading yet i uninstalled NT7 and installed NT6.5v15. I am unable to back up NT6.5 as mentioned in my original post.

Besides the suggested patch as solution, any ideas as to what might be the cause of the error?

Thanks

AQ

Comment

Hi,

That original error message indicates a necessary temporary file is not present.

Can you please disable your anti-virus software and try running the backup.

Additionally, you are testing the issue by not including the database. All other files will be included in the backup. We would like to know if the error message occurs because a specific backup file, or if it is related in general to the backup process.

Please let us know the outcome of backing up without the database file selected.

Another thing you can do is reference this forum and send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with diagnostic files. We will review those for more precise causes.

The log and trace files are found in the following locations.

Trace files will be located by going to My Documents->NinjaTrader 6.5->Trace-> trace.2010xxxx.txt
            Log files will be located by going to My Documents->NinjaTrader 6.5->Log->log.2010xxxx.txt
            Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply,

Backing up without the database was successful. Process took less than 30 seconds.

I guess there is something about the database preventing the backup to complete, what else should i try in order to have the full backup process functional?

I also sent the log and trace files attached on an email to NT support with a reference to this thread as you suggested.

Thanks again

AQ

Comment

Hello Acqua,

You can try to run a repair prior on the database prior to a backup.

Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.
                • Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
                • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
                • Select the "Misc" tab
                • Press the "Repair DB" button
                • Press the "OK" button

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
                  Hello Acqua,

You can try to run a repair prior on the database prior to a backup.

Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.
                  • Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
                  • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
                  • Select the "Misc" tab
                  • Press the "Repair DB" button
                  • Press the "OK" button
                  Hello,

I tried your suggestion, and it made a mess of my database.
                  After the close today, I saved the NinjaTrader.mdb file in a safe place. Then i repaired the database as per your suggestion.
                  I unistalled and reinstalled NT 6.5. The backup not only doesn't work but it also shut down NT.
                  As soon as i connect to ZenFire, it overwrites the data for today, in the ES the low of the day is 1141 and the high is 1168.(which is wrong in case you missed the 100+ pt swing)

I then deleted the mdb file and replaced it with the one i had saved before. When i launch NT it loads up the charts with the correct data up until the close of today may 6. When i connect to ZenFire, your servers overwrite my good data with bad data and i get the charts as described above.

I want to keep the option of saving the tick data in my PC (today is one more example of why not to rely on NT servers). How do i connect back to Zenfire without having your server overwriting my good data?

AQ

Comment

Hello

After further research, my charts are only plotting data up until 2:30 pm EST, data from 2:30 pm until 4:15 pm is missing.
                    See chart attached (i am currently in a different time zone, charts will show data until 20:30 local time which is 2:30 PM EST)

My old mdb file has all the data up until 4:15pm EST.

When i launch NT, it automatically opens the workspace and loads the correct data until 4:15pm. When i connect to Zenfire, the NT servers make the data from 2:30pm until 4:15 pm dissapear.

How do i connect with Zenfire keeping my good data?

AQ
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Acqua,

Unfortunately the historical data servers have been down since about 2:00 PM eastern time. At this time they have not yet been restored. We hope to have this resolved soon and will provide an update as soon as possible.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by mmenigma, Yesterday, 03:25 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                      Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes