Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IQfeed and Symbols

Hi

I have NT Connected to DTN IQFeed. The connection and all works fine except that I am unable to load the chart with the Futures symbol(continous Contract).

Example: QGC# for Comex Gold. It says invalid symbol. Checked with the DTN and they say that I have access to the QGC#.

For Australian Dollar it is a different issue. If I use AD#, I am able to load the chart but when I change the Symbol to @AD# (continous contract - which DTN recommended), I get an error; Says "Invalid Symbol".

Its the same issue with the most of the Futures symbol.I used instrument manager to change the symbols for IQFeed.

Appreciate your help!
    Last edited by NRITV; 05-05-2010, 11:24 PM.

Hello NRITV,

Can you please tell me what setting is used for Expiry in the Instrument Manager for these instruments. Since you like to plot continuous data, make sure to select the ##-## expiry.

What symbol mapping did you try so far next to IQFeed under the Misc-tab of the Instrument Editor window?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello NRITV,

Can you please tell me what setting is used for Expiry in the Instrument Manager for these instruments. Since you like to plot continuous data, make sure to select the ##-## expiry.

What symbol mapping did you try so far next to IQFeed under the Misc-tab of the Instrument Editor window?
      Expiry = 06-10
      Instrument = @AD#

Expiry = 06-10
      Instrument = QGC#
      Can somebody please help. Its been very frustrating for the last one week as I unable to get anything on the charts.
      Last edited by NRITV; 05-06-2010, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Can you please select the ##-## expiry instead of the 06-10 expiry. ##-## represent continuous data.

Use AD# and QGC# as symbol map. If this does not work, please try different symbol mapping such as AD, @AD# and QGC, @QGC.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TradeSaber, Today, 07:18 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post TradeSaber  
        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes