Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expired Demo

Greetings,

My 30 day demo from zen fire/ninja trader expired. Can i renew the sim license or do i have to purchase the "live" ninja trader software in order to use the sim license again?

Thank you
    Last edited by EminiSP; 05-06-2010, 05:21 AM.

Hello EminiSP,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, you may continue using the Free NinjaTrader simulation key that begins with @SIM. This key will not expire and you may use it for as long as you wish. It seems that the only thing that has expired is your demo for Live data.

What you can do as well is to connect to the Simulated Datafeed connection under the File menu. For this you don't need any account with a datafeed provider. However keep in mind that this data is not Live and does not reflect any actual market prices. This is canned data used for practice and training purposes.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.

I do see the option for simulated data but its not real time. How can i continue with zen fires real time data using ninja traders software?

Thanks

Comment

Unfortunately we cannot renew Zen-Fire demos on our end and you would need to contact the broker directly in order to extend or receive another demo if possible.

Comment

Hello,

Yes, you can if you check file>Global simulation mode.
          DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

I'm new to Ninja Trader and I'm still paper trading but I'm definitely going to download and install Ninja Trader sooner rather than later and then open a demo account with Zen Fire as well.

My question is: what do you mean with "canned data"? Is it some kind of random data for practice and backtesting purposes only or is it real data of previous market sessions? Moreover, does it come in OHLC daily format or is it possible to retrieve intraday quotes and volumes as well (e.g., 5 minutes data)?

Have a nice day, TMD67

Comment

If you are referring to the Simulated Data Feed connection this is internally generated data that will not reflect any actual market prices. This data will not include historical data therefore you would not have the option to backtest with this data.

Once you have setup a demo with Zen-Fire this data will be real time data and will also give you access to historical Tick and Minute data which you may use when backtesting.

Comment

Related question. On 6.5 with an expired demo I was able to continue to run market replay data and load historical data. Is the same true for 7?

Comment

Originally posted by Kentoes View Post
                  Related question. On 6.5 with an expired demo I was able to continue to run market replay data and load historical data. Is the same true for 7?
                  Yes you will continue to have access to historical data within your database currently however without being connected to a broker or data provider you will not have the ability to load new data.

Yes you may continue to use Market Replay within NinjaTrader 6.5 for the dates you currently have recorded.

Within NinjaTrader 7 you may download Market Replay data from our severs by going to File-->Utilities-->Download Replay Data and would not require a connection to a data provider.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Downloading Market Replay data.

Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 02-03-2011, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post

Within NinjaTrader 7 you may download Market Replay data from our severs by going to File-->Utilities-->Download Replay Data and would not require a connection to a data provider.
                    And once the data has been downloaded, I'll be able to continue to use it even when the demo is expired, correct? I l realize that I won't be able to download new replay data with an expired demo. Also, is replay data from 6.5 compatible with 7?

Comment

Correct you will continue to have access to the Market Replay data after your demo connection has expired.

If you are using NinjaTrader 7 you may download additional Market Replay for popular Futures and Forex instruments under File-->Utilities-->Download Replay Data even after your Demo connection has expired since this data is held on our servers and not the brokers.

Upon the initial startup of NinjaTrader 7 you will have the option to migrate information from NinjaTrader 6.5 to 7. I have provided a link below that goes over what will and will not migrate.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                      2 responses
                      1 like
                      Last Post BarzTrading  
                      Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes