Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Access to Google's FX quotes

Greetings,

Is it possible to chart EOD FX data via Goggle's new FX quotes w/NT7?

Thanks,
    robert

PS. I think I got the EURUSD to chart, but it was 3am and who knows what I did as I was trying and changing everything I could think of.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your post.

I was able to get data for EOD FX from Google by going to Tools-->Instrument Manager. Please make sure you are not connected to Google while doing this.

Once in the Instrument Manager left click on the Type drop-down and choose currency. To view particular contracts please highlight a contract you wish to edit and then hit the Edit button.

Within the ensuing window please left click the Misc tab. Once you do that for Google please input the contract symbol mapping. As an example I received data using the symbol of EURUSD. So this should apply to other currency pairs.

You will then want to hit OK to close and save your changes. Then please hit the '<' to add to the instrument list.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I am unable to bring up data for EURUSD or AUDUSD (I have not tried other x's). I followed your instructions word for word, including three complete uninstalls of NT7 to start w/a blank slate.

If you don't mind helping me further, I could send you screen grabs of menus that could possibly be causing problems.

Thanks again Ryan!
      robert

Comment

Hi Robert,

I want to apologize as I was mistaken earlier. I removed the historical data for the EURUSD and attempted to get data from Google and was unable to.

So the data I was seeing earlier was already stored in my database, thus leading me to incorrectly state that you can get EOD FX data.

As I continued testing it appears that EOD FX data is not supported through the Google API.

Comment

Dohhh!!! Bummer.... no worries...i'll chart w/the FXE ETF

Are there any plans to add support for Googs FX data retrieval; or perhaps, its just not compatible with Google's date stream?

thanks,
          robert

Comment

Hi,

I have already forwarded this type of support for Google to development, but I personally do not know if it will be added. It is, however, noted as a possible future enhancement to NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post gentlebenthebear  
            Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes