Ninja Trader 6.5 - crashes quite a lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the latest version myself and my colleagues are experiencing that Ninja Trader 6.5 crashes quite a lot - can experience on a typical day Ninja crashing about 2-3 times! It is now quite annoying....

I have a workspace with Market Analyzers (100 ) stocks over 4 timeframes (5,15,60, Daily) and corresponding charts for those time frames in the same workspace!

I have a similar setup with Tradestation and it never crashes .... Is there any new patches for Ninja 6.5 to help with memory issues?

Hi mefTrader,

Thank you for your post.

Based on the information you've provided here on your setup, I would expect that you are running in to crashes when NinjaTrader exhausts its pool of available system resources.

Unfortunately, the only way to overcome this is to reduce the amount of charts and market analyzer instruments until version 6.5 performs as you desire. To begin, you will want to apply the performance tips that are listed at the following link to our Help Guide: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...rformanceTips1

Beyond this, you might consider testing out the NinjaTrader 7 beta. There have been major improvements in this version of the software in terms of memory management and general performance.

The NinjaTrader 7 beta can be downloaded at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/do...g_software.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, MefTrader, I too have been experiencing this with NT 6.5 for quite a while now. (very noticable at the begining of the year) I'm using ZenFire with iq feed and sometimes it takes me an hour just to get 3 workspaces up and running. I have did everything support told me to do... reduce charts, reduce the historical lookup, erase workspace... I went as far wiping out (deleting) and reinstalling NT. Talk about taking up your time rebuilding your charts! I'm still experiencing random start-ups. Sometimes I can log in and open my workspaces with no problems, other times it takes over an hour with all the rebooting. Totally frustrating.

Comment

Hello,

This is not normal. Please give us your computer specs. Here are the minimums:

Also, how are you shutting NT down? Do you disconnect first? Do you have anything else up and running while you are using NT?

This may help:
        Click here to view the NinjaTrader performance tips
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_Ben, thanks for your prompt reply.

My computer specs are: Windows XP, Intel Core Duo Processor T2500 ( 2GHz/667 MHz FSB), Memory is 2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz, Video Card is 256MB NVIDA GeForce Go 7800 with 100GB Hard Drive.

When I start Ninja there are no other programs running. I do not run other programs while running NT except a world clock program. Sometimes I will have an Excel spread sheet open.

This is my start-up procedure: Double click NT icon, once the default work space has loaded, I click on connection to ZenFire, once ZF is connected, I click on iq feed. This is where the hang-ups occur. Sometimes iq will load, sometimes it will sit there for long periods of time without loading completely. When the default workspace is finally loaded, I will try to open one of my saved workspaces. Sometimes they will load, sometimes they will hang up and not load.

Regarding shutting down, I will run procedure in reverse: Disconnect my iq feed. Disconnect ZenFire, Close all open workspaces and then exit with the default workspace.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

OK thanks. When you connect to your IQ feed without ZF connected, does it work properly?

You may have corrupt workspaces and need to recreate them:
            To delete your workspaces:
            • Please close NinjaTrader and go to your desktop Start menu
            • Open My Documents
            • Go to the NinjaTrader 6.5 folder
            • Go to the Workspaces folder
            • Right click on all XML documents and select Delete
            • Now restart the application and it should start up normally
            • Then recreate them.
            You are shutting down properly.
            DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

same as meself this is unreal how it can crash when strategies are running windows 7 with a high spec machine.

Comment

Hello leinster,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum.

So that we may investigate the underlying cause of this crash, please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com.

In the message, please include the following:
                1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) Your most current trace file.
                You will find the trace file in the My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace folder.
                Today's trace file would be named 'trace.20100601.txt'
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post funk10101  
                Started by gravdigaz6, Yesterday, 11:40 PM
                1 response