New Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Laptop

Having struggled with slow tick loading and some instability issues, I am looking at upgrading my laptop. I currently use a pentium based machine, with 1gb of ram.

What I am wanting to do is, run about 5 different charts on the 6B and the TF, for different tick sizes and also maybe switch around some different contracts. I'm planning to use dual monitors, with screens split displaying the two different tick charts, one set for the 6b and one set for the TF. I'm looking at an I5 chip with about 4 gb of ram, do I need to go that high or what processor do I need to give me the best performance with Ninja for daytrading futures?

I've also been running multiple charts on my desktops, both Pentium 4 with about 1gb ram and multiple monitor cards. These have been more than a little slow at times to display charts, and also giving me some disconnect issues. I've been thinking about upgrading the processor to the I7, but need to look into doing that more. Would that help or where is my best best of upgrading to get better performance?

Thanks,

Hello,

This is tough to answer because one person's need is very different than another. I always say go with the fastest and best computer you can. We only have minimum recommendations.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So what I am looking at is an Intel I5 processor, because it sounds like it will process more efficiently with fewer bottlenecks. How well does Ninja Trader work on the new 64bit systems, like Windows 7?

Comment

Hello claros,

NinjaTrader is supported on 64 bit operating systems as well as Windows 7. Please note that not all supported connectivity providers are supported in 64 bit as per NinjaTrader 7. Please see the link below for more information.
        Contains critical information including but not limited to migration, installation, connections and changes.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK thank you, I must have misread some posts, or they were older ones from before the kinks were worked out.

Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by f.saeidi, Today, 01:32 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes