Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Execution of stop loss in real trading

Hello,
    I have a question related to real trading.
    I need to know, how execution of strategy on NYMEX would behave, if I have an entry and tight stop loss.
    When running my strategy on simulator the entry wont execute if it is not possible to execute tight stop due to immediate price movement (message stated something like "stop cannot be placed below/above the entry").
    But I am affraid that in real trading I would end up with loosing position without protective stop loss.
    What is real behaviour in similar case?

Thank you
    Vladislav

Hello Vladislav,

Thank you for your post.

As you are no doubt aware, markets can be volatile & are inherently unpredictable. It is always recommended that you keep your broker’s contact information available in case the unexpected takes place.

With respect to your question, if you are initiating a trade that includes an ATM Strategy, then you will have to decide how close you want to place your stop loss & other exit order types. Please see this thread that discusses the error you received:

Regardless of whether your stop was placed/received by the broker, there is still the risk of fast market conditions. The final arbiter of your order being filled or trade being broken is up to the broker. Since NinjaTrader is not a broker, you would need to discuss the specific trading policies with that particular broker before the fact.

Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by samish18, Today, 01:01 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes