Combining ATM Strategy and Ninjascript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combining ATM Strategy and Ninjascript

I have a ninjascript strategy running that will enter my orders at the right time but I want to combine that with an ATM strategy that will set my profit and stop loss points. I can't get them to run together, any help would be appreciated

Mickslash, welcome to our forums here - which exact issues do you face when attempting to call the ATM templates for exit management? I suggest you closely work along side our 'SampleAtmStrategy' installed per default with NT. Please also keep in mind those can't be backtested then and that you need to call the exact template name as saved / setup in the DOM or ChartTrader.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your response. When I am running a ninjascript strategy I have the DOM window opened with my ATM template picked. When my ninjascript enters an order the ATM template is not activated for the order. Do these not work together.

Comment

You would need to explicitly call the AtmStrategyCreate() in your NinjaScript strategy as shown in the 'SampleAtmStrategy' code I referred you to, simply selecting the template on the DOM is not sufficient for the NinjaScript strategy to pick it up as means to manage the exits.

Comment

Bertrand,
          I guess I need more of an explanation for this issue. I have also created a strategy using the Strategy Wizard. Can I call on a ATM strategy from the Wizard or do I have to do something else?
          Some detail would be helpful
          Thanks

Comment

Riverend, unfortunately you can't call ATM templates for exit management from the wizard - this will need to be done by custom coding as shown for example in the SampleAtmStrategy code I referred you to. You basically call the AtmStrategyCreate() in your code instead of for example the regular Enter() method, then you can define which ATM template to call to manage the exits for this entry.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post cre8able  
            Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes