• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Analyzer vs Live Trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Analyzer vs Live Trades

I cannot seem to get an understanding on why a back-testing system and live trading system don't match up. I have attached a snapshot of two charts. They are they same charts, one being back-tested and the other from the live trading. You will see in Picture 1 (the back-test) the trade made came out as profitable, but in Picture 2 (the red line in live trading) the trade came out as a loss. This seems to happen all the time. How can I trust ninjatraders system if it is going to have these types of errors? I do a lot of back-testing for many strategies and when this happens, it makes me question if the back-testing system is even accurate. There should not have to be any different coding or anything because the strategy is exactly the same in both live and back-testing. It's a bit frustrating when I see these, please help me out here.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Attached Files

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your post.

Please see this help guide article for some reasons why a backtest can work differently than running real time.

You can run a strategy with TraceOrders = true for specific debugging information related to orders. This will allow you to compare fills on a backtest versus fills in a live trade to help identify specific reasons on why they're different.

Backtesting is just one item in your toolbox. In addition to backtesting you should also consider running a strategy with market replay or real time with a simulated account.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by YevhenShynkarenko, Today, 02:55 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post YevhenShynkarenko  
    Started by pjsmith, Today, 02:20 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes