Analyzer vs Live Trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Analyzer vs Live Trades

I cannot seem to get an understanding on why a back-testing system and live trading system don't match up. I have attached a snapshot of two charts. They are they same charts, one being back-tested and the other from the live trading. You will see in Picture 1 (the back-test) the trade made came out as profitable, but in Picture 2 (the red line in live trading) the trade came out as a loss. This seems to happen all the time. How can I trust ninjatraders system if it is going to have these types of errors? I do a lot of back-testing for many strategies and when this happens, it makes me question if the back-testing system is even accurate. There should not have to be any different coding or anything because the strategy is exactly the same in both live and back-testing. It's a bit frustrating when I see these, please help me out here.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Attached Files

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your post.

Please see this help guide article for some reasons why a backtest can work differently than running real time.

You can run a strategy with TraceOrders = true for specific debugging information related to orders. This will allow you to compare fills on a backtest versus fills in a live trade to help identify specific reasons on why they're different.

Backtesting is just one item in your toolbox. In addition to backtesting you should also consider running a strategy with market replay or real time with a simulated account.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Rapine Heihei, Yesterday, 07:51 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by kaywai, Today, 06:26 AM
    1 response
    0 likes