Continius chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continius chart

Hi I am new to NT, and I am interested if I can make continius commodity futures charts in NT7, and algo continius spread charts.

And If yes please tell me how.... !!!!

Thanks a lot

greg

Ok i got the answer zen fire does not offer continius contract data.. any other data provider.. with end of day data and no const.. or at least free trial ?????

thanks

greg
    Last edited by optiongreg; 05-12-2010, 04:08 PM.

Greg,

What you can do is just open a chart in NT with whatever contract month you want to view. NT7 will automatically merge older contracts into the chart for this contract to create you a "continuous" contract at least in charting.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Continius chart

Josh, I use zen fire data, and yesterday I try to make an continius chart of ZC , corn and i only got 2 yerars..

Would you mind explaining me exactly what i have to do to get the continius chart... I am totally new in NT... and I think i did sg wrong...

thanks

greg

Comment

Greg,

All you need to do is open a chart of ZC and the front month. So lets say ZC 06-10. If you left all the NT options default, it will pull old contract months and auto merge it into 06-10 to get you a "continuous"ly charted ZC. You were able to chart 2 years only because of this auto merging. You are already looking at a "continuous" chart. You can view the individual contracts it is adding together by checking out the Tools>Historical Data Manager's Edit tab.

Zen-Fire does not offer native ##-## (or continuous contracts).

Comment

Continius chart

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
          Greg,

All you need to do is open a chart of ZC and the front month. So lets say ZC 06-10. If you left all the NT options default, it will pull old contract months and auto merge it into 06-10 to get you a "continuous"ly charted ZC. You were able to chart 2 years only because of this auto merging. You are already looking at a "continuous" chart. You can view the individual contracts it is adding together by checking out the Tools>Historical Data Manager's Edit tab.

Zen-Fire does not offer native ##-## (or continuous contracts).
          Ok i see the only data avaible 2009 and 2010... in data manager edit tab... I tryed to download more data but nothing... Can you tell me another broker who offers free end of day data to see continius charts... ????

thanks

greg

Comment

Greg,

Your current use of Zen-Fire has more data than that in minute data. Please increase your Days to load and you should be able to get back to ~2006/2007 with minute charts. You can then use your Historical Data Manager to export the minute data for the various expiries and then reimport it. When you reimport make sure to check "Generate 'Day' bars from imported tick or minute data". Then you will have EOD data back to ~2007.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes