Installation problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation problems

I'm having trouble installing NT6 on my Windows XT Pro system. Actually I'm able to instal it; the last dialog says I've successfully installed NT6. But, when I double click on the NT6 icon to run it the following error message comes up: "Unable to recover NinjaTrader database. Please re-instal NinjaTrader: There is not enough space on the disk".

My disk has 18 GB spare; NT6 needs just 89 MB?? I haven't been able to run NT6 on this computer yet. Re-installing simply yields the same results each time (as stated above).

I would appreciate some assistance with this.

Rick

Please double check that the disk where the folder <my documents>/NinjaTrade6 is located:
    - has enough space available
    - is writable

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
      Please double check that the disk where the folder <my documents>/NinjaTrade6 is located:
      - has enough space available
      - is writable
      Hi Dierk,

Yes, I just noticed that the installation procedure has made a directory <my documents>/NinjaTrader6 which is NOT on my C drive but on a network drive (which is full). I'd rather not have to use the network drive.

Is there a way I can install NT6 fully on my C drive? What would happen if
      I simply disconnected the network cable during installation?

Rick

Comment

Unfortunately we only have limited experience with network drives. This thread might be of value: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...hlight=network

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
          Unfortunately we only have limited experience with network drives. This thread might be of value: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...hlight=network
          Dierk,

I really don't want NT to instal anything on the network drive.

During the installation a "disk cost" dialog comes up and shows that there is NO disk cost for the network drive. Well this obviously is not the case.
          On my latest attempt to instal, it appears to want to use 8MB on the network drive.

At the moment I'm able to run NT6 (after freeing some space), but I'd really prefer that it not use the network drive. (In fact, I'm not aware of any other software that mandates some appreciable space on a network).

Would it be possible to look into an installation alternative where this is not the case.

Thanks,

Rick

Comment

You would need to configure your windows that the <my documents> folder is located on a local drive and not on a network drive.

For clarification: All Vista compliant software will create folders in <program files> (read only) and <my documents> (writable, to store user data). This is not NT specific but required by MS guidelines.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Haiasi, Today, 06:53 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred