Re-establishing Chart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-establishing Chart Trader

My PC restarted and when I re-connected to Ninja 6.5 I was unble to see my Live trade with the Chart Trader. I can only monitor my trade from the "Position" tab. How do I see my trade on the Chart again? Can I even manipulate the trade via ninja at this point?

thanks,
    Ryan

Ryan, as you had ChartTrader reopend then, did you select your live account from the account drop down to be able to manage your live trade from the chart?

Thanks
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand,
      yes, I had the live account selected. This is not the first time that this has happened in NT6.5.

I issued another order (small lot in FX) and then all of the orders re-appearedon the chart trader. Of course this is not practical with some instruments as that would be costly!!!

Then a few hours later I tried to move around the stop losses/targets and it told me that modifying the orders was forbidden!!!

I closed out ninja with the orders still on hoping that when I re-start that I would be able to manipulate the brackets: Of course this did not happen - The system actually sunk deeper into the abyss. I could only see my entry points and the Order tab said that the "State" of my brackets and orders was UNKNOWN. I had to close out the order at this point.

At this point, I am truly concerned as I really do not see the benefits of NT 6.5 or 7. Every week, there is a catastrophic event and it(NT) has become the biggest part of my money management concerns.

I have had some Indicators customized for NT and that is the ONLY reason that I have remained this long with the system.

IS there a way for NT support to review my entire setup? Some type of diagnostic tool - I think that it would be a benefit to NT for further development.

thanks,
      Ryan

Comment

Ryan, I'm sorry to hear about your issues and frustration - please contact me via the Help > Mail to Support feature with your trace and logs so we can review the issue. Please also include an approx. time range when the issues occurred in your mail.

Thanks

Comment

ATM Strategy Default

Upon starting NT 6.5, my charttrader defaults all ATM strategies to <None> regardless of whatever strategy was in place when exiting NT, despite saving all charts. Is it possible to maintain the strategies?

Comment

Steve, this is unfortunately a bug in 6.5 - it was fixed for our NT7 version.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
            118 responses
            1 like
            Last Post kevinenergy  
            Started by briansaul, Today, 05:31 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes