Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MB Trading Historical Data

Hi Support,

I use NT to trade Forex with MBT as my broker. However I am facing this problem where my historical data as fed by MBT cannot be trusted. I trade different pairs and therefore when I change between pairs and then load the chart, the bars that were shown previously seems to have changed. For example a wicked bar may have its wick length changed and so on. Now this will change the indicator values I am using on the chart and therefore any indicator drawn on the chart cannot be trusted. Is this NT Platform issue or datafeed issue? Real Time data feed seems to be OK. Now if this is datafeed issue, would you please suggest me a Forex broker having good record of historical data accurate to the pip (one tenth of the pip not necessary) so that I can take their demo and load my chart with it.

If you have any other suggestion, do let me know.

Cheers,
    Yusuf SHAIKH

Hello,

What you may be facing is the difference between live data and reloaded historical data from the MBTrading Historical Data Server. Please see the last paragraph in the guide on how NinjaTrader builds chart bars:

However MBTrading does not support historical data in NinjaTrader 6.5. Are you using NinjaTrader 6.5 or NinjaTrader 7 as this is something that was added in NinjaTrader 7.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

MBT Historical Data Issue

Thanks for your reply.

I am using NT 6.5
      Tell me

1: If I install NT7, is this problem going to be addressed. As I also believe that the issue is with the MBT Historical Data. Is that going to be fine once I install NT7?

2: I am doing fine with NT 6.5 at the moment, so just in case after checking NT7, can I revert back to NT 6.5 if I do not feel comfortable with NT7?

Thanks for your answers,

Cheers,
      Yusuf SHAIKH

Comment

Hello,

In this case with 6.5 what are you using for historical data? As there is no historical data provided by MBTrading with NinjaTrader 6.5, are you connecting to another data feed provider?

1) With NinjaTrader 7 you have now have the ability to get historical data from MBTrading. With 6.5 this was not the case.

2) NinjaTrader 7 runs independently of NinjaTrader 6.5 so you can go back to NinjaTrader 6.5 at any time.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        15 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post xiinteractive  
        Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB