Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IBs historical data..

Hi there!

Why i can't get more than few months of daily historical data??
    IB reps are claiming that they have up to 5 years of historical data..But when i try to download 4 years i just get those few months...

Also i was wondering what's up with this funny downloading limitation which they have??
    When i was trying to download a year of 60M historical data i got a message which basically told me that i had enough data and they won't give me more!

Not so concerned with second question,but i would really like to have at least 2 years of daily historical data..
    Thanx in advance!
    Best...

Hello Sungazer,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

Unfortunately the amount of historical data provided by 3rd parties is not dictated by NinjaTrader.

Please be sure you are setting the chart for the right range: Right Click on your Chart > Format Data Series and verify "Days back" setting is what you expect.

If you are viewing the maximum allowed by IB, you may consider supplementing their feed with a "Data only" provider such as IQfeed, BarChart, or Esignal. A full list of our providers and the level of data supported can be seen at the link below:
    http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/HelpGuideV6/HistoricalData.html

See here for how NinjaTrader works when using multiple connections.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ryan!

Thanx for welcoming me..

Was little confused as i am new to NT...Think that i have found out what is the issue;I have tried to setup continuous contract chart for daily of FGBL and FESX.I am getting blank screen.Is this because continuous contract charts are not supported by IB??
      Thanx in advance!

Comment

Yes this is true. Native continuous contracts are only offered with the eSignal and IQFeed connections.

You can look into our version 7 implementation of continuous contracts. Prior contracts are automatically merged to the front month according to Merge settings. This version is in public beta and can be downloaded at the link below:

Comment

I don't know much about programing and idea which i have about "beta" versions is that they are basically test versions whit bugs and are not stable..
          Is it so??
          Thanx!

Comment

"Public" beta means that it is available for everyone to test and use and has gone through considerable development to reach this state.

We still do not advise live trading with this version but it will be our production release at some point in the near future.

You can read criticical information regarding this release at the link below:
            Contains critical information including but not limited to migration, installation, connections and changes.

You can install the version 7 beta alongside version 6.5 to compare. You just can't run both at the same time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post techgetgame  
            Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes