Manual Stock split not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual Stock split not working

I used the help feature of NT and look up stock splits. I do exactly as it says but the chart stays the same and won't fix the chart on a stock that split. Also it says I must assign an index other than default. That last part is not covered in the help section, but I go ahead and assign NYSE (where it is listed).

Anyway, I go back to instrument manager, and it says a stock split is defined, but the chart won't update.

The steps I took were:

Tools > Instrument Manager > Edit > Misc Tab > ...(define split) > click on button (update splits)

I also restarted NT with no results. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello trader rick1234,

What happens if you repeat the same steps, but you do not click the 'Update splits & dividends' button. Once you manually defined the split, please create a new chart and check if data is displayed as expected.

When you press this button, it will load all splits and dividends from your connectivity provider. It will overwrite manually setup splits.

If the issue remains, can you please tell me to what connectivity provider you connect and what stock you have selected.

Please tell me what date and factor you used as well.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried again and it still does not work. Symbol is FAS, date = 5/05/010, factor = 3, connectivity = Yahoo and also tried Ameritrade.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, trader rick1234. I will have someone reply to you on Monday.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello trader rick1234,

I tested it on my end and it worked as expected.

Can you please go to Tools-->Instrument Manager and delete any listing of the FAS instrument in the 'Available master instruments' section. Connect to Yahoo and create a new chart. Set 'Type' to Stock and leave 'Exchange' to Default. Enter FAS in the 'Name' field and make sure you have a daily interval selected.

Click Ok and check if data is loaded. Close the chart and go back to the Instrument Manager. Highlight the FAS and click Edit. Select the Misc-tab and select the Splits row. Click the '...' button and setup the split. Do not click the 'Update splits & dividends' button (!).

Add the FAS instrument to your default instrument list and create a new chart for the FAS. Select the FAS from your Default instrument list and check if the split is applied.

Comment

OK I tried that but it won't show the split.

1.) When defining a split it said that I had to assign an exchange in addition to the default exchange...so I picked NYSE

2.) After connecting to yahoo, creating a chart and closing the chart, the symbol appears on the default instrument list. I had initially deleted it like you asked, and I verified that it was gone by going back to instrument manager and looking for FAS. It was not there. But like I said, after charting it, it appears automatically, so I am not able to add it. Or should I add it again?

edit:^OK, it actually gets added to the Master list, but I add it to the default list and it still will not show the split.
            Last edited by trader_rick1234; 05-17-2010, 07:53 AM.

Comment

I did not experience the message to assign an additional exchange on my end. Can you please tell me what version you have installed. You can check this at Help-->About. Make sure you have version 6.5.1000.15.

Please highlight the FAS in the 'Available master instruments' section and click Edit. Setup the split and click Ok.

Keep the FAS highlighted and click the arrow pointing to the left to add it to your instrument list.

Subsequently create a new chart and check if the split is applied.

Comment

I have version 7.0.0.14. Did I go to the wrong forum section?

Comment

Yes, you did. Please post any future NinjaTrader 7 issue in the NinjaTrader 7 section in our forum (at the bottom of the main page).

Please note that we released a new beta version (7.0.0.15). Please download and install this version on top of your current beta version.

When I test it in version 7, the 'Update splits & dividends' button will load the 5/5/2010 split. Make sure you are connected to Yahoo and click the 'Update splits & dividends' button. It should load 2 splits and 5 dividends. Once these are defined, please add the FAS to your instrument list and subsequently create a new chart.

Comment

So go to master list, find FAS, update splits, then add it to the default list?

Comment

Yes that is correct. Make sure you are connected to Yahoo in order to click the 'Update splits & dividends' button.

Comment

OK I did it but the chart won't show the split. Also FAS was already on the master and default list and I could not delete it from the default list.

Comment

Can you please post a screenshot of your chart.

You can remove an instrument from an instrument list in the Instrument Manager by highlighting the instrument and clicking the arrow pointing to the right.

Comment

Comment

It applies the split on my end. Can you please repeat the instructions. Make sure you remove the FAS from your instrument list and delete the FAS from the 'Available master instruments' section in the Instrument Manager.

Create a new chart for the FAS and subsequently look up the FAS in the Instrument Manager. Hit the 'Update splits & dividends' button and check if the splits are loaded and defined. Click Ok and add the FAS to your instrument list. Create a new chart and check if the split is applied.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post GLFX005
                              by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM