Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conection Loss

Hello.

Since yesterday I am having disconnection problems with Zen-Fire (demo account).

Yesterday, the connection was lost for about 30 seconds, appeared red notice "Conection Loss".

My internet conection have no problem. Yesterday, while NT was disconected, I conected to internet without problems.

Today, the label "Connected" changes from green to orange and price stops.

This is why it is a demo account or is problem of NT7 or problem of Zen-Fire?

Who should I comment this problem?

Thanks

Hello Federico,

Thank you for your post.

We realize that lost connections can be frustrating. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API wil continuously try to re-establish a connection.
    Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:
    • ISP issues
    • Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
    • Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week buy you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
    • With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections (10 programs making socket connections through the internet) Windows will randomly shut down some connections
    • Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Aviram Y  
    Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
    3 responses