Collapse

Missing overnight historical data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader includes historical data for some of our supported broker technologies as a complimentary service to our clients (historical data is not provided for all supported broker technologies). Although we provide a free historical data service we still recommend that clients that rely on this data for their daily trading also consider a back-up data provider since outages can occur and we support Barchart.com, IQFeed and eSignal for this requirement. The difference with these paid services is that they will also go back and “fill-in” any data gaps that may occur insuring you always have the data you need. However with that being said we do agree that even for free our data service should be improved and we are taking action to improve it as part of the NinjaTrader 7 release.

We have deployed a new historical data server as part of the NT7 release and I can report that the outages recently experienced with the NT6.5 data servers did not occur with the NT7 data servers. These results confirm our efforts to improve data reliability are working and you will notice the difference once NT7 is released.

However even with the improved data reliability of NT7 we still would recommend that anyone whose trading success relies on historical data also have a back-up data provider and the lowest cost option at this time is Barchart.com. I have included a link below to a promotional pricing page we have negotiated with Barchart.com for NinjaTrader clients.

Thank you for your feedback, we are working to improve this aspect of our free features, and we also have 3rd party data options if required.

Sincerely,

John

Comment

Thanks John.
      eDanny
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

data server may be down again. I can't get connection.

Comment

Hi hanslama,

I have tried this on my end and everything appears to be ok with our data server.

Are you able to connect to your provider at all?
          Are you getting any errors?
          TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Tim,
            sorry for no information. I still get the same message:
            Unable to connect to Ninja trader data server (64.202.118.132/31654): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Suprisingly, NT 7 loads historical data withou any problem. Only NT 6.5 has problems

And to answer your second question. Yes, I am able to connect to my provider (zen-fire)
            Last edited by hanslama; 05-20-2010, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Hi hanslama,

It appears the server was indeed down in 6.5, please reconnect to your provider.

As an FYI, the NinjaTrader 6.5 is separate from that used in NT7.
              TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thank you,Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Tim View Post
                  Hi hanslama,

It appears the server was indeed down in 6.5, please reconnect to your provider.

As an FYI, the NinjaTrader 6.5 is separate from that used in NT7.
                  This is happening way too often these days -- pretty disappointing. Please consider upgrading your NT 6.5 servers like you did for your NT 7 servers.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DynamicTest  
                  Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post ScottWalsh