tradestation ntdatadownload problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tradestation ntdatadownload problem

There is no file appearing in after applying strategy.

Have been following: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...?importing.htm

I am using NT7 and TS8.8.

Opened 1 min @EC chart, symbol formatting according to the guide.

Inserted strategy, tried to import, there are no files available to import in the documents/ninjatrader7/import

Are there any more settings necessary, what can I do to get the data?

Hello acdrew0,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please clarify which strategy you are applying to the chart in TradeStation.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yeah, it's the strategy called "NTDataDownload"

Comment

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for your patience. I will have someone reply to you tomorrow.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

acdrew0,

Please see the steps here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...DataDownloader

The same applies for NT7. Please be sure your TS chart is a 1min chart.
          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

um, yeah in my first post I went through what I did and what guide I followed:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...?importing.htm

Which is basically the same that you posted, but in the NT7 guide.

I definitely have the correct timeframe(1 min), symbol settings, and strategy file("NTDataDownload") according to the directions given on the site. Also I am checking the correct documents/ninjatrader/import folder to check for the historical file .

From as far as I can tell, the strategy that is applied does not seem to be working. Is there another version that someone could send me to try?

Is it possible for me to check what the strategy is doing somewhere? If so, how?

Or how would you suggest to best troubleshoot this?

Comment

acdrew0,

Unfortunately we are not TS experts. What I suggest though is to ensure the strategy is actually running on TS. I believe they have some sort of strategy manager where you can see if the strategies are either on/off.

Comment

I see that this is an old post, butI was wondering if this problem was resolved? I am having the same problem. The strategy (NTDownload) is inserted and running in Tradestation but there are no files sent to the NT db folder. Any suggestions on this?

Comment

Hey man, nah, that dude clearly didn't care to look into it. haha

NTdatadownload was junk for me, never created anything according to their instructions. But someone gave me an idea of how to do it on my own.

Just write a few lines in an easy language indicator/strategy to print the tradestation data into the ninjatrader's .txt format. It's not tough to write.

Oh and here's one I wrote for getting data off of TS just for your reference:

btw:
                  -I think I set the decimals for fx futures tick data(maybe corn/gold futures, cant remember). You'll probably have to tweak the formatting a bit, or write some more elegant code for setting the format of the price decimal places.
                  -This may be a buggy one that I wrote, haven't used it in a while.
                  -You have to set your chart for 1 tick. good luck

If Time<10 then

print(File("c:\test.txt"), 19000000+Date:6:0," 000",Time:1:0,"00",";",Close:1:4,";",Ticks:1:0);

If time<100 and time>=10 then

print(File("c:\test.txt"), 19000000+Date:6:0," 00",Time:2:0,"00",";",Close:1:4,";",Ticks:1:0);

If time<1000 and time>=100 then

print(File("c:\test.txt"), 19000000+Date:6:0," 0",Time:3:0,"00",";",Close:1:4,";",Ticks:1:0);

If time>=1000 then

print(File("c:\test.txt"), 19000000+Date:6:0," ",Time:4:0,"00",";",Close:1:4,";",Ticks:1:0);
                  Last edited by acdrew0; 07-11-2010, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Thanks, acdrew0. I appreciate the help. Strange that they dont follow up on this.

Comment

It works as expected here on our end in testing - can you guys please ensure to be using the latest TS 8.8 build 5997 in combo with NT 7 Beta 18?

The issue described was present in earlier beta, however with Beta 18 you would the updated TS ELD files from us that should fix it (please be sure to reimport the NinjaTrader.ELD file after the B18 install and overwrite then previously installed TS studies from us).

Thanks
                      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am unable to download Version 7. I get an error when I try to launch the exe file

Comment

Can you please try clearing your internet browser cache and then redownloading the installer again? Please let us know if you still continue to receive an error.

Comment

I am able to download the new build now. However, after I import the NT ELD and insert in a chart I get an error that says it is looking for GetSpecialFolder in DLL file NtDirect.dll

Comment

Asing, it sounds to us as if there's a conflict with muliple NTDirect.dll installed somehow on your system -

1. Please uninstall NT 7
                              2. Delete any occurences on your system of the NTDirect.dll
                              3. Then reinstall latest NT 7 B18
                              4. Reimport our ELD from the \Program Files\NinjaTrader 7\bin\AutoTrade folder
                              5. Then please recheck following those steps - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ownloader.html
                              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 05:56 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Jltarrau  
                              Started by Jltarrau, Today, 05:57 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes