Cannot get accurate Daily bars for ES 06-10 RTH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot get accurate Daily bars for ES 06-10 RTH

I’m new to NT and using NT7 with DTN-IQ data feed.
    I noticed that I cannot display daily bars for the RTH session of ES (either ES 06-10 or ES ##-##).

Regardless of what I select in the session manager, the only bars displayed are for the ETH session (“CME US Index Futures ETH” vs. “CME US Index Futures RTH” or “CME Global Index Futures RTH”).

I’ve only the downloaded daily and minute data. Checked the database to confirm that the minute data has the correct timestamp and OHLCV values. The database for daily values only lists the ETH session.

There are a few temporary solutions like creating daily bars from 405min data, but I’m trying to check the accuracy of the continuous contracts (RTH) and get 200 period mov avg for daily bars (RTH).

I searched the forum on NT& DTN-IQ and didn’t find a solution.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the RTH daily bars for a 2 year chart?

Thanks!
    Jack

Jack,

When you load a daily chart the session template does not apply for what kind of daily chart you are viewing. You will simply be charting the daily data as provided by the data provider. Unfortunately data providers do not provide different daily data for different session templates. If you wish to use a daily chart with different building times for the bars you will need to use the minute trick you have outlined already. Only then would the session template apply.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. I really like the features of NT7 and am running out of reasons not to make it my primary platform for Futures trading. Just a matter of learning more about the software.

Cheers.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes