Ninja 7-Beta 15-Save changes-yes to all does not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja 7-Beta 15-Save changes-yes to all does not work

Ninja 7-Beta 15-Save changes-yes to all option does not work. Made changes to my charts, put pivot lines etc... I always select option save-yes to all on close. In the morning did not see any changes I saved.
    I also would like to ask what is the purpose of Save Workspace menu option? It does not seem do anything as in prev. versions. Although I did not use this option yesterday to save my workspace.
    Regards, Art.

Hi Art09,

Thank you for your post.

On my end, the 'Yes to All' button did save all changes to my workspace.

I took the following steps:
    1.) Opened a new workspace. (File > Workspaces > New Workspace)
    2.) Added a chart to that workspace.
    3.) Exited the software and selected 'Yes to All' when prompted to save my workspaces.

Upon restarting, the chart loaded as part of the workspace that was saved.

So that we may rule out the possibility of a corruption in this specific workspace, please follow the steps listed above on your end and let me know what results you see.

Per the 'Save Workspace' menu option, this function is intended to allow you to save a copy of your workspace on demand. This should function just like selecting 'Yes' or 'Yes to All' when shutting down.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle,
      This option works most of the times. But sometimes it fails for some reason. Could this be a memory issue? I may have too many charts and indicators and such. And only 3 GB memory in my laptop.
      Regards, Art.

Comment

Hi Art09,

This is most likely not a performance issue as we would be seeing different symptoms.

My suspicion is that a workspace corruption is causing this to occur. As such, your next step would be to recreate the layout of your original workspace within the new workspace.

Comment

Hi,
          The same problem repeated on diff. computer with Ninja 7-14. My workspace was partially saved-not all charts had my changes. I think this cannot be a coincidence. I used Save Workspace menu option before I closed the appl. which I'm sorry to write does not work since past versions and I tried to report this before. In my understanding if I save the wrksps before I close the appl. then all my changes should be saved regardless of what option I selected on close. Then on close I saved each wksp. individually selecting yes for each wrksps. I have only default wrksps created by Ninja. You may not recreate the same problem on your machine as you probably not using Ninja heavy and every day. I will watch closely for another week and let you know.
          Regards, Art.

Comment

Hello Art09,

Thank you for the update.

Per this other PC, please upgrade to the current version of NinjaTrader 7, create a new workspace and further test. If you are able to reproduce this issue running the current version of the beta with the newly created workspace, please let me know.

You can download the current version of the NinjaTrader 7 beta here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/do...g_software.htm

Comment

Hi Kyle,

With workspaces, if I create two or three of them, how do I check to see that they are all active and receiving data simultaneously. I have a recorder in one and want to be sure it is recording while working in one of the other workspaces.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
              Hello Art09,

Thank you for the update.

Per this other PC, please upgrade to the current version of NinjaTrader 7, create a new workspace and further test. If you are able to reproduce this issue running the current version of the beta with the newly created workspace, please let me know.

You can download the current version of the NinjaTrader 7 beta here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/do...g_software.htm

Comment

syxforex,

Workspaces in the background are running. One easy way to see this is if you have an indicator that prints on each incoming tick. No matter which workspace you are viewing you will be able to see the Output Window and see those printouts from workspaces in the background.
                Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post effraenk  
                Started by ccbiasi, 11-23-2017, 06:06 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes